5.0 out of 5 stars the missing link
Have you ever read an inspiring 'self-help' book or heard a tremendous motivational speaker that made you want to make significant positive changes in your life? When you tried to implement those changes, did you notice that they were temporary at best, and that you eventually fell back into the same self-defeating patterns that held you prisoner in the first place...
Published on 29 Jan 2004 by Larry Hehn

3.0 out of 5 stars What to Say when you talk to yourself
I had read quite a few positive thinking books now.

I was interested to see the writer ask Why do we need more positive thinking books to be written if the ones which already exist are so good?(or words to that effect) so I had to read on.

I felt that the best parts of this book were "Levels of Self Talk" which teaches you the different types of...
Published on 21 Oct 2007 by Colin

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT BOOK, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: What to Say When You Talk to Your Self [ Yourself ] (Paperback)
ONE OF THE MOST INTERESTING BOOKS THAT I HAVE EVER READ, EASY TO READ AND UNDERSTAND, I ADVISE ALL PEOPLE TO READ IT
DELIVERED ON TIME

5.0 out of 5 stars Turned me around!, 27 July 2013
The way Shad explains how and why what we say to ourselves effects us the way it does is not only interesting it is so helpful! I've tried to shut off the chatter in my head so many times and this helped me realise that I don't need to shut it off I just need to replace the negative stuff with the positive stuff...it's made a huge difference! The affirmations alone are worth the purchase. Record and listen to them and see how it changes your day!

5.0 out of 5 stars Received in great condition - excellent read from cover to cover, 3 July 2013
Recommended by a highly qualified psychiatrist who has specialized in cognitive analytic therapy (CAT) and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). It has proven invaluable to a the recipient and myself to understand what we can all say when we talk to those people who are less self assured. Brilliant value for money and a great gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great book, 19 April 2013
Its all about how we think and how we think can make or break our lives, if we have had a bad past the tips in this book can help to reprogram are thoughts, because bad thoughts can bring us down again and again, so in this way we can not move on, but the tips in this book can help change all that by taking the bad thoughts out and making you think more positive about yourself

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, but very effective..., 22 Jan 2013
The book outlines a very simple method that, so far, seems to be genuinely helpful. It gets a little repetitive towards the end but I would definitely recommend it - 5 stars.

2.0 out of 5 stars One idea and lots of waffle, 14 Sep 2001
By A Customer
In a nutshell, this book contains just one idea, repeated over and over again till it fills a book. And the idea is: When you talk to yourself (as we all do) say nice, positive things rather than criticising yourself, and your life will improve.

Yes, that's absolutely true. But there's much more to life than just being respectful to yourself - and a lot more that could be said on the subject of self-talk.

Although he strenuously denies it, all that Helmstetter is offering here is self-hypnosis at a VERY basic level. Typical "pop psychology" with lots of "pop" and not much genuine psychology.

To be blunt, there are plenty of books around that offer more informed descriptions of self-hypnosis, and even more that offer genuinely profound and useful insights on self-development. Too many, indeed, to waste time on stuff like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Self help for everyone, 21 Nov 2009
Glyn (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This book is excellent, although it may seem to be driving the same point home all the way through, If it was just stated in a nutshell it wouldn't give you the motivation for seriously giving it a go. It actually does work if you give it a real chance over a few weeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying, 23 Nov 2014
A great self-help book. Full of insight and put in such a way as to make the information sink in and stay with you. Excellent

4.0 out of 5 stars Change, 14 Jan 2013
This book I found in a bin in the early 90's
It changed my life and the people in contact with me.
It attracted me to many other books that come from its sources and their sources.
Thank You!

"To say thank you to yourself is to say thank you to mother earth uprising to embrace the sun and become fluid in lending its self to your spirit." ~CalmIcalmU

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 15 Dec 2014
Very informative book, worth having!

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

What to Say When You Talk to Your Self [ Yourself ]
What to Say When You Talk to Your Self [ Yourself ] by Shad Helmstetter (Paperback - 21 Nov 1991)