5.0 out of 5 stars Our Child�s Diet Bible, 2 Mar. 2004
This review is from: E for Additives (Paperback)
We started to notice some peculiar behaviour in our two year old son and were quickly able to correlate this to items he has recently eaten. Although we are not food fascists we had always been careful to ensure what our son consumed did not contain any E numbers with a cursory scan of the label whilst shopping. So why was he becoming hyperactive almost minutes within eating certain things. A conversation with some friends brought up this book into the discussion.
This book became a revelation, as it helped us to identify hidden additives in food and described how children might behave if they had eaten food with these additives in it. We started referring to the book frequently, until we became familiar with what we should be looking out for. The result is that our son sleeps better, is more attentive, and interacts with other children a lot better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, but needs an update., 15 Jan. 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: E for Additives (Paperback)
I have an early edition of this - it is excellent and very easy to use, with lists of e additives in number order, along with possible side effects, allergies and so on. It has been fantastically useful, but I would welcome an updated version. In fact, that is what I was looking for and it's disappointing to see the same 1987 date of publication. Almost twenty years have passed and I suspect both the law and the ingredients will have changed.

4.0 out of 5 stars What's in your food...or cosmetics?, 23 Dec. 2014
This review is from: E for Additives (Paperback)
Some good information on sources of ingredients with E numbers. Unfortunately not all additives have E numbers so it doesn't get the full 5 stars, but certainly extremely useful for people in the food industry, especially if you're looking for known adverse effects of E numbers or you need to know which E numbers are natural or have no known adverse effects. Also includes some (but not all) corresponding 'CI' numbers for the colours (for those more familiar reading cosmetic INCIs).

5.0 out of 5 stars On how to help children with Hyperactivity., 1 Oct. 2010
j green "Non fiction book worm!" (wiltshire, uk.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: E for Additives (Paperback)
There Is a chapter in the book on Hyperactivity. Based on the work of American Doctor, Ben Feingold, there is given a list of additives to avoid. With a lot of label reading, less procesed foods and more home cooking, this method really works. The book also gives advice to asthmatics on on what E numbers to avoid.

This is a brilliant and helpful text book and worth a permanent place for reference on everyones bookshelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good reference to keep, 8 Jun. 2014
This review is from: E for Additives (Paperback)
I first got this book years ago and gave it away to a charity shop when I moved house. Now I find I need the information it contains so I have brought it again. This one will stay on my bookshelves for keeps this time

4.0 out of 5 stars old book, 3 July 2011
A. Edwards Lima "homeschooling" (Mallorca, Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: E for Additives (Paperback)
I have been looking for this book for a while. There used to be plenty around, but not as many available now. I would love to have an updated version, but this is all I found and the price was right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book, 1 July 2013
This review is from: E for Additives (Paperback)
Had this book years ago when my son was young and got great hints and tips what are good and bad for you where additives are concerned. Would use this seller again.

5.0 out of 5 stars E for Additives Book, 3 Dec. 2012
This review is from: E for Additives (Paperback)
A very informative book providing information about the additives etc tht are used in food production. The book was received very quickly in good condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as favour, 28 Jan. 2013
A. B. M. Hughes "butterfly" (Devon, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: E for Additives (Paperback)
Purchased this item on behalf of a friend who could not get it at any local bookshops. She is delighted

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 July 2014
This review is from: E for Additives (Paperback)
great book ideal for checking what you are eating x

E for Additives
E for Additives by Maurice Hanssen (Paperback - 24 Sept. 1987)