5.0 out of 5 stars Holistic and insightful, 20 May 2005
This review is from: Bach Flower Therapy: The Complete Approach (Paperback)
One of the most useful books I've read on the Bach Flower Essences. I feel as if she writes from inside the heart of the remedies, and the information is deeply felt and experienced. This book has really helped me to understand the essences in a much more profound way - and is the 'first choice' book when I want to both deepen and instantly conceptualise a remedy. I find myself re-reading bits, again and again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Flowering health, 9 Dec 2003
Pieter Uys "Toypom" (Johannesburg) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This excellent work on the Bach flower remedies is one of the best books on the subject that I have encountered. The author provides the history of Dr. Bach and the remedies, deals with the remedies as a holistic healing modality and offers a possible interpretation as to how and why they work.
There is a chapter devoted to finding the right remedy for specific diseases - lists of symptoms are included to facilitate diagnosis. The practical application of the remedies is thoroughly explained and there is an interesting discussion of the 38 flowers from which they are made and their qualities.
A helpful Question and Answer section addresses frequently asked questions. The book concludes with a bibliography, list of useful addresses and an index. In additional to this informative book and for a wider look at holistic medicine, I recommend Gerber's masterpiece Vibrational Medicine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book on Bach Flower Remedies, 4 Feb 2004
This review is from: Bach Flower Therapy: The Complete Approach (Paperback)
This books is worth buying, especially if you are using them at home. It gives good descriptions of each remedy, and it is very easy to understand. A bargain!

4.0 out of 5 stars good beginners handbook, 3 April 2001
By A Customer
each bach flower has it's own section with a very good description of the flower, a symptoms and transformation list and a supportive measures and positive statements for practice list. I found it very easy to read and very clear and very helpful to the process of choosing which flower\flowers are suitable for you. It has a chapter on helping to diagnose and a chapter on experiences in treatment which also includes a small bit on use with childrens, animals and plants, questions and answers. The preparation and dosage section is quite clear but short and left me feeling that I needed more informtion and help with that area, hence 4 stars, but as a beginner myself I would recommend it, the descriptions of the flowers really are excellent and very helpful indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic book on the remedies, 31 Dec 2010
H. Petre "hpoet" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bach Flower Therapy: The Complete Approach (Paperback)
I was given this book 20 years ago, long before I commenced my BF training. I am now a Bach Flower Remedies Practitioner, and this is the book I rate most highly, for psychological insights into the Bach Remedies. I teach the use of the remedies to former addicts, and have recommended this book to dozens of them. There is sufficient psychological depth without the dryness or old-fashioned language of some of the other books on BFRs.
One word of warning: several years ago, Amazon suggested that i should buy this book with the Illustrated Encyclopedia of Bach Flower Remedies by the same author. I did, but found that the main text is the same, with some minimal updating of the language! The encyclopedia is a much bigger book, with beautiful colour photograpy, and additional "how-to-choose your remedies" pages, but you really don't need both books unless you want the same text twice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely interesting, 15 Sep 2010
I was recommended this book and how useful have I found it!
Excellent read and very interesting - only problem is I can relate to
quite a lot of it!! Definately worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, 18 July 2010
This review is from: Bach Flower Therapy: The Complete Approach (Paperback)
I bought this book yesterday, and have not been able to put it down! It is clear, concise, and highly informative.

It gives the description of all 38 remedies, and a detailed paragraph on the types of personality traits, characteristics, tendencies associated with each flower. And then positive outcomes upon taking the recommended flower remedy. Also a list of other practical solutions to overcome whichever emotional 'ailment' you are undergoing.

It has been the most helpful book on BFR so far, and gives enough good and necessary information needed before purchasing any of the remedies.

A definite must-read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful book, 6 Jun 2011
This is a really great book, easy to follow, clear explanations and clear examples. It's my favourite book on Bach's remedies and I've just bought another copy as a present

5.0 out of 5 stars Bach Flower Therapy, 24 Oct 2012
Although I have known of remedies for quite some time thought practice was beyond me for various reasons.
Borrowed this book and instantly I attuned to it. The best bible of information from beginer to practitioner. Very well written AND understandable.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book on Bach Flower Remedies, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: Bach Flower Therapy: The Complete Approach (Paperback)
This is the best book I have found on the Bach Flower Remedies, and I have tried quite a few. I am re-purchasing this book to replace my old one that seems to have been lost in a removal.

Bach Flower Therapy: The Complete Approach
Bach Flower Therapy: The Complete Approach by Mechthild Scheffer (Paperback - 5 May 1998)
Used & New from: 0.01