5.0 out of 5 stars My opinion
I am impressed by the style and content of this series of books. They are certainly useful for improving our daughter's arithmetic skills.
Published on 11 Sept. 2009 by Mr. Keith Hall

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't include answers
Good practise, shame that you have to spend the same again or more on the answer book
Published 5 months ago by Swimmer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars My opinion, 11 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Mental Arithmetic Book 4 (Book 5 of 7): Key Stage 2, Years 3 - 6 (Answer book also available) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect partner for helping your children with their homework, 30 Nov. 2007
O E J - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Having met my daughter's maths teacher who showed me this book to be the foundation of her teachings to all the children in Year 3 (7/8 year olds) I knew that this, together with Books 1,2,3,5 & 6, would be the ideal support for homework assistance. Until I bought this from Amazon, I had no guidelines at all and didn't know if the arithmetic I was 'teaching' at home was too hard, too easy or just plain useless. Now with this book I have the perfect assistant, because I know that the specific topics covered and the level of difficulty is exactly matched to what my daughter is studying at school, so it's an excellent revisionary tool, and it's even enjoyable too! Strongly recommended, I have no doubt that with regular use of this book at home my daughter, and her younger sister when her time comes, will have a much better chance of making the necessary grade in Year 6 and go on to our local grammar school. Sounds a bit over-the-top, but in its way, this little book can actually change the course of your children's lives - because the difference between our local grammar school and the comprehensive school is obvious for all to see. Getting a good grade at Arithmetic at age 11 is a fundamental requirement to being selected for a school offering better standards of education and in turn better opportunities in the future. I bought Books 1 through to 6 and I'm pleased I did.

4.0 out of 5 stars Adequate, 17 Aug. 2013
This book is very useful for revising a range of topics e.g fractions, decimals, multiplication. Downside is too crammed in and not enough spacing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective practice in Maths, 17 Feb. 2013
This is a book that my Year 3 son particularly likes. It gives a variety of Maths areas in each test and gradually increases the level of complexity. There is always something my son find interesting and challenging each time he does a test. He learns Maths skills and at the same time he has fun. Through the practice he has built a firm foundation for his school work.
The book arrived on time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 5 Feb. 2013
l bought this book to help my daughter in her day to day maths, she has not started using this one yet but l looked thru and l can tell that it is good. Would recommend if you want to help you kids with their maths.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 22 Oct. 2013
I recommend this book if you want to speed up your child's mental calculation ability. It is a good book and is prepared in a systematic way starting from book 1 through to book 4.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it says on the cover :), 22 July 2012
Easy and simple to use. All answers and questions for the accompanying student workbook.These books are an excellent tool to aid the progress of students in year 4, 5 and 6.

5.0 out of 5 stars a must, 7 Feb. 2014
great books and is a must for any child if you can start your child on these books at an earlier stage in there life, say year 2 or 3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking for the Answer Book?, 7 Dec. 2012
flyinghyphen "flyinghyphen" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Title: Mental Arithmetic Book 4 (Book 5 of 7): Key Stage 2, Years 3 - 6 (Answer book)
Binding: Paperback
ISBN: 0721708080

Mental Arithmetic Book 4 (Book 5 of 7): Key Stage 2, Years 3 - 6 (Answer book)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workbooks, 15 Mar. 2013
I have used these for years and find they are super for revision. They also pick up any topics that are not secure.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›