5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful story for all generations, 21 Oct. 2003
This review is from: Lost at the Fair (Rhyming Stories) (Hardcover)
The person who let this classic post-war story, of anticipation, anguish, excitement, danger and restitution, go out of print should be fired!
I was captivated by this story when I was 3 and now my three year-old daughter is equally absorbed. Written in a good old fashioned "BBC english", this tightly rhyming story allows young children to quickly pick up the story line and to shout out the rhyme at the end of each stanza.
Wonderful illustrations accompany this work and together make a perfect story of innocent woodland folk and the excitement of the local fair.
Recommended to children of ages 1-60!

5.0 out of 5 stars My absolute, all time, number 1, favourite story!, 8 April 2012
This review is from: Lost at the Fair (Rhyming Stories) (Hardcover)
I loved hearing this story, every night at bedtime. I have never forgotten the tale of the woodland mousies, and was teary eyed when, at 30 years old, my mum proudly handed it over to me to read to my 2 year old son.
I am delighted to say that he loves this story as much as I always have, and if I dare to read a different story at bedtime, I'm told in a stern little voice 'No mummy, that's not the fair!'
A wonderful rhyming tale that should be brought back into print for every child to enjoy!Lost at the Fair (Rhyming Stories)

4.0 out of 5 stars Everybody will be there, 4 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Lost at the Fair (Rhyming Stories) (Hardcover)
When I was a child, Lost at the Fair was one amongst a number of books my Nan had kept from when my father and uncles were boys. My sister and I enjoyed rediscovering these treasures; I have fond memories of reading about the Dormouse family's trip to the Fair, and some of the illustrations (such as Fieldie Mouse sitting atop the milestone) stick in my mind to this day. The book is in fairly good condition except for a dent in the front cover, but that didn't at all diminish the great pleasure I had in reading it once again after almost 30 years.

A simple but endearing tale, and one that will still appeal to children today - young and old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost at the Fair, 27 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Lost at the Fair (Rhyming Stories) (Hardcover)
This is a lovely book I used to read it to my children but mislaid it, I am now enjoying reading it to my granddaughter. Its a lovely story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer nostalgia!, 2 July 2013
R. E. Stothers "xxRosiexx" (Norfolk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost at the Fair (Rhyming Stories) (Hardcover)
This book is an absolute delight for younger children. I originally used to read it to my daughter when she was little. She's now all grown up with a brood of her own, and I wanted to share this book with them. The illustrations are detailed and colourful, with lots for the little ones to look at, and the story is told in rhyme. Very easy to read, and just long enough for a bedtime read, with of course, a happy ending! No junior library is complete without this little gem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely rhyming story, 1 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Lost at the Fair (Rhyming Stories) (Hardcover)
Used to read this to my daughter when she was little and was passed onto my sons children. They won't part with it so had to buy it for my daughter's little girl althought she's a bit young for it yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars lost at the fair, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Lost at the Fair (Rhyming Stories) (Hardcover)
This parcel arrived promptly and well packaged. I had this book as a child about sixty years ago and it wasd very nostalgic looking at it. It was very good valuer for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia but still enjoyable, 3 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Lost at the Fair (Rhyming Stories) (Hardcover)
I shall enjoy reading this with my grandson. All very fifties, but some of the lines are still remembered from my own childhood and the story still works.

5.0 out of 5 stars This has very happy memories of reading it to our son who has ..., 26 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Lost at the Fair (Rhyming Stories) (Hardcover)
This has very happy memories of reading it to our son who has now started reading it to his children. Good rhythm for reading aloud.

5.0 out of 5 stars sentimental, 23 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Lost at the Fair (Rhyming Stories) (Hardcover)
I read this book to my children and we can all recite it (mostly) without the book but we all want to read it with my grandson,

Lost at the Fair (Rhyming Stories)
Lost at the Fair (Rhyming Stories) by W. Perring (Hardcover - 29 Jan. 1948)
Used & New from: £0.01