5.0 out of 5 stars Best book on map reading
Published 20 months ago by Ray Wilkes

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as most ladybird books.
I love ladybird books, they are well researched and full of good illustrations, but this was a dissapointment. I have read better map books, eg 'The map that comes tp Life@ (now out of print, sadly, whereby as a child |I was able to really understand maps, find my way work out the gradients due to contours et. This book was OK, - but!
Published 17 months ago by Mrs. Joan Nicholson

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book on map reading, 28 Oct. 2013
Ray Wilkes (Shipley, UK United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Understanding Maps [Ladybird Series 671] (Hardcover)
As I enjoy hiking maps are very important to me and I have read many books about maps and map reading. Years ago we bought this book for our son when he was young and of course I read it myself. It is a very clear guide to the basics of map reading and I always recommend it to adults. Naturally map reading books for adults are a necessary follow up, but after the Ladybird book you would read with confidence

4.0 out of 5 stars Understanding Maps, 16 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Understanding Maps [Ladybird Series 671] (Hardcover)
Having looked at the book I felt some of it was possibly a wee bit more advanced than I had hoped (for my granddaughter age 7) and will probably give it to my grandson (age 11) instead, or even hang on to it myself! It looks a very useful basic handbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Dec. 2014
Amazon Customer "Frances" (Lancaster United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
All fine - thank you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as most ladybird books., 28 Jan. 2014
Mrs. Joan Nicholson "Joandalton" (Cumbria England) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong item delivered, 29 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Understanding Maps [Ladybird Series 671] (Hardcover)
I ordered, and my receipt confirms it, Understanding maps ladybird series 671. What arrived was Learning about maps ladybird series 643. This item was aimed at an entirely different age group and was therefore unsuitable for my purpose. Because of the low price but high postage costs it was not worthwhile returning it.

Understanding Maps [Ladybird Series 671]
Understanding Maps [Ladybird Series 671] by Nancy Scott (Hardcover - 26 Jan. 1967)
Used & New from: £2.30