5.0 out of 5 stars A very good text book and revision aid
I recently bought this book for my 14 years old daughter to help her revising her GCSE history exam. This is an excellent book with detailed references, sources and information.
Published on 21 Jan 2011

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not do the job
Walsh, despite his accreditation, is very scant on some key syllabus areas. Can I recommend John D Coast's book instead
Published on 30 Oct 2011 by apf102

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good text book and revision aid, 21 Jan 2011
A Kid's Review
This review is from: GCSE Modern World History 2nd Edn Student's Book (History In Focus) (Paperback)
I used this book to supplement what she has already been taught in school. I used this book to help my daughter filling in gaps of information which her teacher might not have time to cover everything in lessons. I would strongly recommend this book to anyone who is taking the GCSE history exam.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 28 May 2008
P. Chauvin "jchauvin" (Billericay, essex) - See all my reviews
look at it this way, i had nothing to do on holiday so i read the whole book in a week and couldn't stop. i even read the bits i wasn't studying

thats how interesting and well laid out this book is

5.0 out of 5 stars Guaranteed A* at GCSE!, 24 May 2007
J. Patel (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book I had so many notes I just didn't know what to learn and did not have the time to go through all of them. I only revised for my GCSE from this book and scored a high A*. As long as you learn the condensed information this book gives you thoroughly, you cannot go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars As a GCSE Student, 22 Aug 2003
R. Pandya (Lichfield, Staffordshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book offers a broad range of communicationto the GCSE student. It is an excellent book where students such as my self can follow the GCSE course of History with great clarity and understanding. I have ordered this book and I recommend any GCSE History Student to do the same.
It covers the critical aspect of sources very well and excercises differ to each other making it interesting for the student to complete them. Thanks to this book History has really come to life and I find all aspects of the subject very interesting indeed!

5.0 out of 5 stars I got an A* with this book, 31 Jan 2008
This book strikes exactly the right balance giving you enough detail to get top grades without boring the daylights out of you with mundane facts, it was using just this book that i got an A* in gcse history

5.0 out of 5 stars GCSE Modern World History, 9 Feb 2012
C. L. Podbery - See all my reviews
Although this book is not for the latest GCSE History course (2011/2012)some of the information it contains you simply can not find anywhere else. It covers everything needed for year 10 and some aspects required in year 11. This is a great compliment to the revision books that are out there for the new course. It also gives a good background to what the GSCE course covers and so can be benifical that way.
If you are really interested in modern world history and are thinking A* then this book is a good addition to the revision guides but would not work as a stand alone book for GCSE History.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will give structure to your lessons., 17 Jan 2001
By A Customer
A facinating , interesting well thought out book. It offers guidlines for lesson planning and class activities that are particularly helpful to newly qualified teachers. The worksheets are well thought out and can be used for students of all levels. I found this book easy and fun to use,I think my students would agree. History is a difficult topic for some students as it seems like so much information and no structure. This book helps to structure the learning process.

5.0 out of 5 stars GCSE Modern World History: Student's book, 12 Feb 2011
This is an excellent text for years 10,11,12 (Australia), in European history from World War 1 to the end of the Cold War. There is also an accompanying Teacher's book available for purchase, which has student-related activities for this student version. I highly recommend this book for students as it has good, basic facts, as well as ample source materials, such as cartoons, photographs, maps, graphs,timelines and various excerpts from letters, books, newspapers and archival material, as well as various tables of statistics for students to deal with, in an Inquiry approach to learning history. The layout is interesting and easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent supplement for OCR Modern World, 19 Feb 2009
As a History teacher, this book has been fantastic as a supplement to the text book we use in class. It has some really useful activities that get the pupils' thinking about the key issues as opposed to just learning facts. Couldn't be without it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ben Walsh is a God., 23 May 2008
L. Hitchcock (Gloucestershire, England) - See all my reviews
This book is amazing. Everything I learnt for my history exam was in this book. And it is actually interesting to read - I read bits that weren't even for my course! I would really recommend it. It includes lots and lots of sources, many of which are repeatedly coming up in the exam. It's great to have seen them beforehand. Recommended for anyone doing GCSE history.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

GCSE Modern World History 2nd Edn Student's Book (History In Focus)
21.99