on 15 November 2012
I ordered all the Social Stereotypes books; the whole series for about the cost of 2 new ones!
They are all in spiffing order.
I found Chaucer, and Skeat's commentaries on his work, in the library before my school could interfere with my education. Thus, I have had a lifelong love of the way he captures a person's character in a few lines.
Had Chaucer been writing his Prologue to the Canterbury Tale, today, he should have put all of the characters of these books into his writings.
Fortunately, the authoress and illustrator[ess]of this series realized that by dying some centuries ago, he had missed the chance to do so, and, with diligence, have rectified matters, and for ease of comprehension have written in modern English.
If you feel the need for trying to read these vignettes in middle English, just use Google's translator to change the text into any other language then back again.

[Chaucer was held to be the father of the written English language so must bear some responsibility for the development of Amazon's spell-checker remorselessly attempting to Americanize my spelling and for the opportunity of infinitives to split!]
on 27 February 2008
Hilarious and accurate everyday social stereotypes such as the London schoolgirl, the aged sexpot, the school-run mother, the smug couple, the self-help addict, the infatuated couple, the army wife and the besotted parents. A real laugh out loud book.
on 15 December 2014
added it to my collection
on 15 November 2014