5.0 out of 5 stars Please just read it
I started smoking at 15 behind the bike sheds at school - at the time I thought is was cool.

I am now 46 and apart from a few failed tries at stopping, have smoked around 20 a day since.

I have a little boy 3, and a little girl of 6. When they ask you to stop smoking because they don't want you to die you need to listen.

After reading this...
Published on 1 Aug. 2012 by Mike

2.0 out of 5 stars Didnt' work for me
Given the rave reviews for this, I was really hopeful that this book would help me quit. Weirdly at the end, I felt less like quitting than I did at the beginning. I can see that it would work for some people and the great swathe of positive reviews suggest that many have found it useful, so maybe it's me rather than the book. Havign said that I liked the writing style,...
Published 16 months ago by Stuart Russell

‹ Previous | 128 29 3050 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Its worth reading it if you already decided to quit ..., 16 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life (Paperback)
Its worth reading it if you already decided to quit. Not sure if this will work if you still thinking you actually "enjoy" smoking

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this if you truly want to quit!, 19 Mar. 2015
I just finished my last cigarette and said to myself: JOB DONE! I did not even get to reading the remainder of the book, I just got to chapter 19, decided to skip it, and before I started to read chapter 20 I got the urge to smoke my last cigarette and to never smoke again. To be fair, I would not have even done that(smoking a last cigarette) but I just wanted some sort of a closure before closing this chapter in my life. I am 31, I started smoking at the age of 14, then stopped after 10 years, but because of my own stupidity started to smoke on and off again six months ago. I bought this book as I felt that I was being drawn into the "habit" of smoking again and was trying to find an easy way out of it before allowing it to get out of my hands. I am very pleased to say that this book was my subconsciousness talking to me and that I feel extremely confident that I will never smoke again. It is a very simple read and it reminds you that smoking is just stupid. Read it and I am sure you will ask yourself why you have not done this sooner! We are slaves of social norms and imposed thinking, and being able to control our own live (as much as wen can) will give you the empowerment you could not have imagined!
This book was recommended to me by several ex smokers who have not smoked since reading this book, so I guess you have nothing to loose. My main task now will be to convince my husband, my mother and my best friend ( all heavy smokers) to dedicate several hours of their time to read this and to improve their health and well-being! Good luck to all of you who are trying to quit!

5.0 out of 5 stars should be given on the nhs, 17 July 2013
i was terrified about trying to stop smoking,never thought quitting would be this easy, fantastic book, not scare tactics, just the truth

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Dec. 2014
Item is just what l wanted

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much use, 20 Feb. 2014
Mr. J. P. Brewin (Wiltshire) - See all my reviews
Not my scene at all - one is either going to give up smoking or one is not! Harps back to the neurological programming days on the 70's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 28 Oct. 2013
This book is AMAZING.
It really is the easiest way to give up smoking, but you have to believe in you.
Read it, to believe it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yeah this is a good book if you're already ready to quit, 3 Oct. 2014
Yeah this is a good book if you're already ready to quit. I was. And a lot of it is obvious stuff, but good for reinforcing what you already know. Now to be honest, I got up out of bed to have my last smoke because I didn't realise the end was so near....and I had two. And I didn't quit the next day. But I have suffered through the most traumatic event of my life (hopefully) this year, and am still struggling, so I wouldn't fault the book for that. I did however stop smoking about 2 weeks later. After the book I cut down to 3 a day. (I know, even though he said not to...) and then one Monday i said right, lets try this. I missed the 3 smokes the first few days, but honest to god by the Friday I had stopped noticing the times when I would have had them. I'll admit as soon as I had a glass of wine I wanted one, but I didn't have one. And now I've been off them for.....a month I think? I had my first real happy non smoker moment when I was out for dinner last Friday, left the restaurant and there was someone outside smoking and I though, wow, i am so happy i don't have to do that anymore! Because that's just it, it's a 'have to', you may think you're choosing to have a smoke, but you're not. You have to. The book is right about that. And also it has made me be more supportive of people who have given up, even before I did, I never used to say well done. And it's a huge feat. Worth a go for sure. It could give you extra years of being alive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring., 15 Mar. 2014
Really inspiring - certainly helped me to stop smoking. Lots of good commom sense. Would certainly recommend it to any smoking friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars smokers a must read, 21 Mar. 2013
Thinking of giving up smoking this book has to be read everything Allen Carr says makes sense it gives food for thought helped me a lot

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 9 Mar. 2014
I was sceptical at first but this book makes you truly understand the smoking trap and how easy it really is to stop, thank you Allen!

‹ Previous | 128 29 3050 | Next ›