5.0 out of 5 stars Yuma yums without sugar.....
Published 8 months ago by Mrs

1.0 out of 5 stars These recipes are not "sugar free" but use Dextrose. ...
These recipes are not "sugar free" but use Dextrose .. which is high GI and is SUGAR! To claim he has given up sugar is a misrepresentation ... Not suitable for diabetics or those wanting to give up Sugar!!
Published 6 months ago by Mrs J D Moohan

5.0 out of 5 stars Yuma yums without sugar....., 31 July 2014
Mrs "Frazzled Mum" (Crediton, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The No Sugar Recipe Book (Paperback)
Better than expected, I thought it would just repeat the recipes from his other books. This would ha been fine as recipes are hard to follow on a kindle but this book has lots of new treats which will hide the fact you are cutting down sugar to all your friends and family. Been very happy with the ones we have already tried and even more happy to be losing weight whilst doing it!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars These recipes are not "sugar free" but use Dextrose. ..., 10 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The No Sugar Recipe Book (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good recipe book for sugar addicts..every recipe a good one., 20 Aug. 2014
P. J. rowlands "pennyjr45" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The No Sugar Recipe Book (Paperback)
So far ive tried the coconut cocoa bars and the christmas cupcakes and they are delicious. Im a week into sugar free eating and this book is making it an easy ride. Ive lost 2lbs this week without trying at all. recipes are easy to follow and the dextrose (beer making sugar) is easy to get hold of and cheap. I got mine from my local Wilko store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baking with no regrets, 24 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The No Sugar Recipe Book (Paperback)
This book is a miracle. What a joy to be able to make delicious desserts without the added sugar. All tried and tested. My daughter in law bakes every day and is so enamoured with my copy, I have bought a second one for her.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 8 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The No Sugar Recipe Book (Paperback)
It isn't "no sugar", it is just "different sugar". Diabetics look elsewhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 20 Oct. 2014
Mrs. J. Hall "Hall" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The No Sugar Recipe Book (Paperback)
After watching the truth about sugar. I decided I wanted to quit sugar. David gillespie wrote the book sweet poison and has lost a lot of weight and improved his health. The recipe's are made using dextrose. But it is the good half of sugar not the frucose type in cane sugar. Some of the ingredients would have to buy from a health shop. So far I have tried the carrot cake. It was delicious.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dextrose recipes, 15 Dec. 2014
K. Platt "blackplantlady" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The No Sugar Recipe Book (Paperback)
Sugar means extra weight and cutting it from your diet, should mean you easily lose weight. I know because I have done it myself with another famous book written by a TV personality. Not only that but I gained energy and lost the aches and pains. David has written this book to provide you with sugar free treats that use healthy alternatives. It features more than 80 illustrated recipes. However, most of them include dextrose. It is a form of glucose derived from plants and naturally occurs in honey. In fact it is sometimes known as glucose, but is more correctly D-glucose. What this book is about is replacing glucose with dextrose. You need to completely rid your body of other sugars first. I am not happy with the title of this book- The Alternative Sugar would have been less misleading. The recipes look good, easy to make and are well photographed. Yet again, they don't look particularly healthy or what would aid a slimmer's diet - coconut, cream, glucose syrup. This is a delightful cookbook, but I don't think it does what the title suggests.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for diabetics, 6 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The No Sugar Recipe Book (Paperback)
Ingredients not readily available in UK. As a diabetic thought this would be suitable but most recepies include dextrose not suitable for diabetics

5.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to find ways to give him the occassional sweet treat. So many recipes that are "sugar free" ..., 5 Mar. 2015
Gill Croz (Shropshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The No Sugar Recipe Book (Paperback)
I want to thank David Gillespie for this book which I bought because my grandson has an enzyme deficiency and can't process sucrose (convert into glucose). I wanted to find ways to give him the occassional sweet treat. So many recipes that are "sugar free" include fructose which still has to be processed but dextrose (glucose) has already been converted!! I haven't tried any of the recipes yet but it is such a relief and will help make our lives a little easier.

2.0 out of 5 stars which it uses a lot is no more good for me than sugar, 23 Aug. 2014
This review is from: The No Sugar Recipe Book (Paperback)
I am diabetic and thought this would be for me but when I checked up with my local chemist, Dextrose, which it uses a lot is no more good for me than sugar. Think this should be made clear in description of book.

The No Sugar Recipe Book
The No Sugar Recipe Book by David Gillespie (Paperback - 17 July 2014)