Format: Hardcover|Change

on 28 February 2014
A nice hardback book containing 100 recipes - some are "old time favourites" (Lancashire Hot Pot) and some provide helpfully fresh ideas as to what to cook that is 'different' but not too time consuming. Loved the Braised Chicken with Toulouse Sausages and White Beans and also the Leek and Potato Curry with Smoked Fish, which really is quick and easy to prepare. The recipes are drawn from British, European and Asian kitchen's so there really is "something for everyone" in it.
on 9 March 2014
Whilst other readers have focused on some editing mistakes, I would like to focus on the fact that every single recipe we have tried in this book tastes fantastic. We had the Moroccan pilaff last night - really easy and quick to prepare and so much flavour. We are trying the meat balls tonight - everyone should buy this book!

We have a lot of recipe books but this one is used over and over again with complete confidence. Well done Lindsey Bareham.
on 10 May 2014
In one rice dish there is no rice on the ingredient list. I believe others found similar errors. Not professional. Just as well I can think for myself in respect to cooking and use recipes as an inspiration rather than a guide. If you're like me you should buy this book but if not steer well clear.
on 7 February 2016
A lovely book. Plenty of exciting recipes to try
on 12 February 2014
Too many ingredients needed for many pots. To me the title implied something easy to get together but delicious to eat and with only one pot to wash up.The shoppingwas the time consuming part which took away the wonder factor.
on 29 October 2014
It's okay but not as good as I hoped.
on 9 January 2016
She is just a brilliant cook
on 5 March 2014
It's a great book and one I shall use constantly. Easy to follow recipes and a good variety of tastes.
on 31 May 2014
I have most of Lindsey Bareham's cookery books, and have always enjoyed using them, so I was really looking forward to this, her latest book. But alas, the editing is so poor that every recipe I've tried so far has had mistakes - something one shouldn't encounter in a book of this pedigree! (I've had to write in all the corrections.) One of the worst howlers is the recipe Spring Chicken with Carrots and Peas - carrots don't get a mention in the list of ingredients or in the rest of the text! I also feel the "One Pot" in the title is rather stretching things. One pot - yes, but you often have to wash it in order to prepare some other part of the recipe! I'll continue using the book, but it's very irritating to have to edit it oneself!
on 7 February 2014
I have just rec'd this book, have made it to page 72, and felt i ought to write this review. So far virtually every single page has contained something i want to cook, and more importantly will cook foe my family. There has so far been a great mixture of quick meals, and some that take a little longer but i feel will be worth the wait....

All in all, money well spent i feel