5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive Sorted Book!
Published on 30 Aug. 2012 by Trixiebella

2.0 out of 5 stars I requested a cook book NOT your guys' album!
You guys have a ridiculous amount of your photos in one cook book. I love your recipes but it's kind of frustrating going thru it and all I see is your pics :/
If you're planning on making another recipe book try to reduce the unnecessary pictures :)

P.S.

Dunia H
Published on 21 Jun. 2013 by Dunia

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive Sorted Book!, 30 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Beginners Get . . . Sorted: Over 140 simple, tasty recipes that take the fuss out of food (Paperback)
It's great having key icons to tell us whether it's cheap to buy the ingredients for each recipe. Also the fact that it's easy to understand the process of how to cook food. Since I'm an extremely novice at cooking, having simple easy words makes life easier. Also the instruction gets straight to the point instead of constantly dragging on like some recipes. Especially when I've tried to cook from other sites which I found hard to understand since the words was complex... Really happy that all of the sorted crew is shown in the book! Also having written basic equipment and food essential for beginners is a real help as I'd know what I'd need to buy for the future when I'm in uni.
Thank you SORTED CREW! You're an amazing bunch of people and will keep supporting you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody hell, 2 Jan. 2014
As a fifteen year old girl with 2 older sisters both at uni and both parents being avid cooks, I love to cook. All fie of us have never had any sort of training just a brilliant sense of cooking for pleasure rather than fuel and that mistakes lead you to improvements. Although young I love to cook and am very experimental and can hapily cook you a 3 course meal. So please don't disregard my review due to my age. I have possibly 30 cook books and the rest of my family has hundreds meaning I have read loads and I have to say this book is one of my favourites. Just brilliant. Highly recommend it and think it is super. Have been a big fan of the youtube channel a while now and think the boys have done a brilliant job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fantastic Book, 9 Jan. 2013
This book is fantastic! The layout is fun and friendly but still very simple to read the recipe. The photos throughout make it feel very personal (especially if you watch the sorted boys on youtube - which you should!! [...])
I really like that the recipes vary in difficulty and cost to make. I was worried that it would all just be recipes that are on the website but actually there were a lot that aren't on there and the few that are have a video link so it's easy to follow along online too.
Really love this book and would highly recommend (especially students!)

4.0 out of 5 stars A great way to get your Young Cook Started, 5 Nov. 2012
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
OK, so you've a young person in the house that wants to cook but doesn't have a clue where to start? They want to make all sorts of fancy things but need to get a grip on basics first? Well try this title by the Sorted Crew. It's a book that's based on their successful V-Blog on You Tube and will more than help guide you through everything from making soups to proper mash. From using cheap cuts of meat to preparing fish and of course bringing everything together to make full three course meals that are not only tasty but filling and nutritious.

Add to this wonderful bright colour images, easy to follow steps and back it up with a selection of something for everyone and all in this book will soon become a household must have for any young chef learning the basics. My only complaint is that I feel that it should have been ring-bound and laminated to make keeping it clean easier. After all, we're all messy even when we're trying to be neat. LOL

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 1 Sept. 2012
I've been a subscriber to their brilliant YouTube channel for quite a while now, and I was so excited to hear about this book! The instructions in the book are simple to follow, much like their YouTube videos. Everything is presented clearly and nicely. I think their recipes are great for all. I'm a second year university student and such a beginner in the kitchen, but with their recipes, I look more like a pro. I even managed to make a delicious soufflé not that long ago by following their recipe!
Their recipes are so easy and simple to follow, not to mention they look very impressive. They make cooking easy and fun. I have never felt out of my depth when following along a recipe of theirs.

I'll be moving back out soon for university and I will be definitely using these recipes. I especially like that they give you a list of essentials (perfect for freshers) and on the recipes there's a symbol for how pricey the recipe will be, great for anyone who's on a tight budget like a student.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sorted for Life!, 30 Aug. 2012
I have been watching the Sorted boys' videos since day one. Instantly, I fell in love with all of them (especially Ben!), and since then, I have watched all of their recipe videos!
I don't think there has been one that I haven't liked or felt overwhelmed by, they make cooking fun and simple!

Having built up a good following on Youtube, they launched a website full of recipes and helpful cooking tips, and more recently they are publishing a new recipe video EVERY DAY!

So when I heard that they were releasing a cook book, I was so excited ... I pre-ordered mine from Amazon straight away looking forward to the release date.

It has arrived today and it is amazing!!
Very easy to follow, LOADS of pictures (both of the food and the boys!)
Clearly presented, laid out in sections which are all colour coded.

Perfect for everyone - from students with no cooking experience, to accomplished cooks - there's something for everyone.

This book has come at just the right time for me, as I am moving house and will be having my own kitchen for the first time, so I think it is going to get a lot of use.

I would definitely recommend it to everyone!

Note to the boys if they read this: I'm extremely jealous of your jobs (food, computers and cameras) .... basically my dream! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Beginners Get Sorted!, 8 Aug. 2013
The book is a great starting point for students like myself who are looking to advance their cooking skills. The recipes are very easy to follow, though key information and tips are sometimes missing (I struggled with the chocolate mousse until I found out from the internet that adding fat to egg whites stops them forming stiff peaks - something the book fails to tell you). Some of the recipes are also a little too complex for everyday cooking on a student budget, though the symbols explaining cost, prep time, how healthy it is etc. are very useful. Overall the book is beautifully illustrated and the instructions clear and simple.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crowd pleaser, 31 July 2013
I bought this for my son's 11th birthday and the whole family love it. He has taken more interest in food, in particular in selecting things for us to try and at at times cooking himself. He has even been inspired to create some new recipes. Will be buying a copy for my other child who is off to university as the cost guides and simple ingredients are helpful. One or two recipes a bit too scant on the detail which I think may lead some recipes to be less successful, but you can always check on you tube or ask a more experienced cook. It's good for family suppers as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars He's gonna love it, 4 Dec. 2012
As a result of seeing these guys on YouTube, after being linked to/ suggested to do so by another Vloger, I have found myself again and again coming across great recipes; both impressive in quality and entertaining. I haven't seen inside the book, as of yet, as I purchased it as a gift for a friends 18th birthday - so who knows how it follows up! On the outset I can say 'Beginners Get SORTED' gives a superb introduction to Uni cooking (and beyond), and should make the receiver feel like the only pro in the kitchen! Hands down: good buy, worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 6 Jan. 2013
S. Kofler "S. K" (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
The sorted team are culinary heroes! I was really bad cook before I used sorted, now I can actually make a half decent meal. All there recipes are straight to point and easy to follow, even think of great alternatives on equipment if you don't own it. I used sorted via website/youtube beforehand and all my food turned out amazing, and even still with this book (although I've only made two recipes from it.) The nice touch of how expensive the meal will cost, along with how healthy it is, is an added bonus. I recommended this book to anyone! :D