5.0 out of 5 stars Must read
Published on 1 Mar 2012 by Book addict

3.0 out of 5 stars None
I found the first three chapters of this book were quite tedious and almost gave up om it, the chapters were too long and seemed to go on forever, but once I eventally got into the story I could not put it down.
Published on 18 May 2012 by Maria Ann McCartney-Read

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read, 1 Mar 2012
This review is from: Mum's List (Paperback)
I had read an interview that Singe Greene gave sometime last year and was pleased to hear that he had written their story. I ordered this book on Monday - received Tuesday morning - read it by Tuesday evening. I am not ashamed to admit that I cried all the way through. Even though the story is extremely moving the way that it is told is amazing. I cannot recommend it enough. I have already lent my copy out and have ordered another for my mum.
I have just watched his interview on 'this morning' and cried all over again. Please read this book it was brilliant .

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspiring read, 9 Mar 2012
This review is from: Mum's List (Paperback)
A beautifully written book that I read in one sitting. Once i'd read the first page I couldn't put it down. The story is beautifully written and shows the horrific journey through cancer that so many people will be able to identify with.
The story is so well told and really made me evaluate what is important in my life and what I would want for my husband and daughter if anything were ever to happen to me.
An inspirational story of love and courage that I can't recomment highly enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG, 9 Mar 2012
This review is from: Mum's List (Paperback)
I can honestly say until yesterday I have never read a book cover to cover let alone in one go, Having seen Singe and the beautiful Reef and Finn on this morning I thought I'd give the book ago, I really wasn't disapointed! I cried and smiled and cried and smiled what a beautiful but very sad and emotional story my heart went out to them all along with Singe and Kates Parents to have to watch your child go through all of this is utterley heartbreaking. Please read this book your outlook on life will never be the same!.

5.0 out of 5 stars An opportunity to look at your own life, 14 April 2012
This review is from: Mum's List (Paperback)
I ordered this book and began reading despite telling myself it was too hardcore for me. I literally downloaded and started reading without thinking after several days of telling my friends there was no way I was reading it! Such a sad an in depth story about a young mother of two boys that found a lump in her breast. I got 85% of the way through before thinking to myself 'isn't it about time you started checking yourself?' I hopped in the shower that night and was truly mortified to find I had a lump in my own breast. All rationale went clean out of the window and being Easter weekend with no doctors around for 4 days spent the entire 4 days beside myself with worry until the doctors opened on Tuesday morning. I am seeing the specialist Tue coming and am praying to god that everything is ok.
Obviously I can't finish the book, it's given me the fear! I urge any woman before embarking upon this poignant story to thoroughly check their breasts before proceeding. Because if you do find anything be it a cyst, fat tissue or gid forbid anything more sinister, the journey of panic and worry that it will take you is truly horrific.

5.0 out of 5 stars so inspiring, 5 Mar 2012
This review is from: Mum's List (Kindle Edition)
i found this book very inspiring. what an amazing thing for the mother and father to have done when things were so bad. i would recommend anyone to read it. took me 2 evenings to read and a box of tissues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 3 Nov 2012
This review is from: Mum's List (Kindle Edition)
I have long thought about writing lists - God knows - I have lots of lists at home - remember to do this, remember to do that, shopping lists, lists for things going on in the week, as a family, we have lists that go on and on and have done for years and years (get the windows done, get the garage door fixed etc). And in my head are other lists - I'd love to visit Italy, I'd love to go to New York. There are other things that have been crossed off already - go to Florida with the kids, swim with the dolphins..... A lack of money stops us doing a lot of things. But if there is one thing this book has brought home is that life can change - just like that. And some dreams don't become a memory because they never happened. But now I am going to write my life lists - I won't be cut up if I don't do them all. But it will be like little dreams...something to aim for. This book has inspired me to do that. How sad that Kate couldn't see her boys grow up. I had a few tears during the book. Not as many as I thought I would. Until the end. When I was at 97% on my kindle. And a beautiful photo of Kate staring back. I really cried then. Not sure why - probably the fact that a beautiful life so young taken by this horrible disease. Photos are my thing. My family always have a little "oh, not again" moan when I get the camera out. But to me - that's what memories are made of. I put off reading this book - I downloaded it after Singe and his boys were being interviewed on the BBC breakfast news show just as it was being released. I kind of thought I mentally had to be prepared to read it - reading about children losing their mum needed me to be in a place where I could "handle it". But I wish I had read it sooner. It really wasn't like that. I'm glad I have read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Im now looking for my own 4 leafed clover, 19 July 2012
This review is from: Mum's List (Kindle Edition)
Everyone should read this book, it shows the strength of a mother when facing death, what a tremendous woman she must have been her boys should be proud

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 17 July 2012
This review is from: Mum's List (Kindle Edition)
great read could not leave this book down took it on holidays laughed cried brilliant recommened this book to everyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book!, 21 May 2012
This review is from: Mum's List (Kindle Edition)
Cried after reading only a couple of pages of this book, and have continued to do so all the way through. Beautifully written. The boys will be so proud of their dad when they read this when they go through their memory boxes when they are older. Really does make you want to live for today as you don't know what is round the corner.

Have recommended this book to so many of my friends.

3.0 out of 5 stars None, 18 May 2012

Mum's List
Mum's List by St John Greene (Paperback - 1 Mar 2012)