Format: Hardcover|Change

on 28 October 2009
This is a beautiful collection of photos of Take That from the 'second time around'. This is the second book in a set (the first being Take That- Take One), and whilst they work well alone they do compliment each other, and by having both you get the full story so far in pictures.

If you understand that this is predominantly a picture book, then I think you will be happy with your purchase, however, if you are looking for more about the story of the band then you would be better buying My Take, Gary Barlow's autobiography.
My girlfriend is a huge Take That fan, and after taking her to see them six times on their comeback shows I've become something of a fan too, albeit in a different way. She hasn't seen this book or "Take One" yet, but I get the feeling she's going to be delighted with them both.

Like "Take One", "Take Two" is a fairly thick hardback book of photographs but this volume deals with their superb comeback, from the initial press conference announcing their return until the stunning "The Circus" tour. There are professional photos plus more candid shots taken by the band, all nicely laid out on the page, and most of the pictures come with comments from the four members of Take That. As with "Take One" the comments aren't along the lines of "What do I look like? LOL" but are instead thoughtful, considered, and often fairly long. It comes across as something of a labour of love for the band, a coffee table book for their fans. What is really evident however is how much they love one another, and you really get the feeling that they really are best friends both on and off the stage.

A very, very nice book indeed, superbly presented, and combined with "Take One", the 2010 calendar, and the forthcoming live album and DVD of "The Circus" tour this will make a fantastic Christmas stocking for any Take That fan.
on 30 December 2009
Both books are amazing! I spent most of my christmas day looking through them, couldn't put them down. Even as a long time devoted Thatter I still enjoyed them much more than I thought I would. As an almost 30 year old I figured I was a bit beyond buying books of a band, no matter how much I love them, but I'm so glad I bought them. I think they're very good value for what you get, although they're not incredibly long and I would have liked a few larger photos (having said that the design is very clean and aesthetically pleasing). They include fantastic (many previously unseen) photographs of the band, annotated by the them. It's a wonder something like this hasn't been previously published, it works very well although the books really need to be bought as a set. The Take Two book felt like it had more photos, but many pages were filled with smaller outtakes from the same shoots (many recognizable ones like the Beautiful World cover shoot and the Bryan Adams shoot) whereas the Take One book had larger photos but less of them. They're a real trip down memory lane, especially Book One. They really are an essential for any Thatter.
I ordered the books from Australia and received them quickly and in perfect condition, no scratches or damaged corners.
on 27 October 2009
The books (this is the second of two - take one and take two) are a look at behind the scenes and personal moments from the bands first time as a boy band and second time as a man band. You really need to buy both to appreciate the books properly. I have to say I am a HUGE TT fan, and recieved my books today. I opened them with great excitement but managed to read them both within 90 minutes. To say I am disappointed is a bit strong, but it was a bit of a let down. Some of the pictures I have seen before, although saying that the ones that I hadnt are fabulous. Howard is especially fit!! If you are a Howard fan you just HAVE to see page 146-147.I had to have a sit down after looking at this picture!!!! It was worth the money just for that picture alone. Overall I have been left with the feeling that it is a money spinner - sorry boys as I really really wanted to love it!

The second book is the better one without a doubt.

If you or someone you know likes Take That and are thinking of buying it then do so as it is still worth a buy. A proper fan will still cherish it I am sure but dont expect too much. I hope that this helps with your choice to buy the books. I am off for a second read now - and waiting for amazon to send me the Circus DVD and CD in November - went to the concert so know this one is going to be awesome. By the way there are some wonderful behind the scenes of the circus ...... enjoy!!
on 4 February 2010
Although this book and the Take One Book does not contain the most writing in the world, the little captions by the photographs are enough to provide an insight into take that. Not just that but these photographs are absolutely amazing.

Having been to the recent TAKE THAT; THE CIRCUS tour, seeing the photos of them as clowns brings back a lot of memories because they are so clear it is untrue.

A must buy for any true take that fans, both the books are amazing.
on 19 January 2010
I ordered this book along with Take One on 18th December 2009, at half the price I had seen these books for sale in high street book shops. I was really pleased, despite the lateness of my order, that both books arrived before Christmas, as they were both presents!

Fantastic service, brilliant value for money and I certainly wouldn't hesitate ordering from this supplier again. Thank you.
on 1 February 2010
I can honestly say, that any fan of Take That will not be disappointed with this book. The photos- particularly of their recent concert "The Circus" are nothing short of brilliant, and the quotes from the boys will leave you with a smile on your face and immensely proud of the journey they have made with one another. Go Take That, from Down Under:)
on 8 December 2009
Perfect gift for every Take That fan.....chronicles their return after 10 years, this time without Robbie. Shows how much the band have changed over the years. Good honest book with fun, light-hearted and serious commentary. Great book to have on show! I loved every page of it.
on 5 December 2009
I love Take That particularly second time round without Robbie. They are brilliant as a foursome but it was nice to see both before they split and after. They all look so young!!!! Great buy and excellent value. It was interesting to read the boys comments as well.
on 25 December 2009
Every great journey has it's first step..but this book way more than a second steps! it's a very, very significant of TAKE THAT's characteristic...great professional shots, well planned photo "biography" book, a remarkable journey about TAKE THAT