4.0 out of 5 stars Quick and Easy Recipes
After watching the channel four programme which I thought was great, I decided to purchase the cook yourself thin books. I purchased this book and the original delicious way to drop a dress size, I have noticed that not all the recipes on the TV series are in the cookbooks, which is disappointing.

This cookbook follows the format of the original cook yourself...
Published on 22 Nov 2010 by Dáiríne

3.0 out of 5 stars Can you follow greatness?
Published on 2 April 2009 by Kerrie Brinkley

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick and Easy Recipes, 22 Nov 2010
This review is from: Cook Yourself Thin Quick and Easy: Shift the bulge and still indulge with over 100 new recipes (Paperback)

This cookbook follows the format of the original cook yourself thin cookbook, but it has weekly menu plans for 1500 & 1800 calories/day - I think this is a great addition and perfect for those who like to plan ahead. It also provides success stories which is a good idea for motivating readers to stick to the cook yourself thin ethos.

This book is much like the first cookbook, good for providing alternative and healthy swaps for fat foods and recipes. I would recommend the range of cookbooks for those that are conscious of their eating habits and want healthy alternatives in their diets, it is not only for those that want to lose some weight.

I particularly like the crunchy granola breakfast recipe - perfect to bring to work, healthy and tasty! The book has lots of different curry recipes in it - which I love, as Im a homemade curry fan! The lunches and soups section is similar to the original one but this includes wraps and yummy muffin recipes for lunch! Although the format is the same as the original it does vary as it goes under the sections of fish, chicken etc. as opposed to the main meals section in the previous book. It also includes a good vegetarian section. Dessert section is slightly better than previous book - cant wait to try the light sponge cake. Drinks section is good and I love the dips and dressing recipes at the end of the book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Can you follow greatness?, 2 April 2009
I read the first Cook Yourself Thin from cover to cover and loved the recipes. They were easy to do and so tasty. I was really excited to see a new addition to this cookbook range. It arrived and I was a bit disappointed, not quite the same exciting recipes. It is still a good collection of easy to read and easy to cook recipes that are all very healthy. If you are new to the range you will enjoy the recipes and the writing style is great. More pictures would be good!

4.0 out of 5 stars cook yourself thin, 8 Feb 2010
Joanne Williamson (great britain) - See all my reviews
I ordered this book for my mum after she saw a programme on tv about this diet.The book arrived in the time as promised and my mium is delighted with it.It is very easy to follow and the recipies are using every day normal food. A great and easy way to diet.

3.0 out of 5 stars snack small amounts, 3 July 2010
the food selection is ok, I never really understand why they put salads in cook books. Apart from that the book is good I like how they give you a selection of snacks it makes me weigh certain food like pringles to be less then 100cals sounds silly but still lets me eat what I love even if it's a small amount.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deosn't taste like diet food, 4 May 2010
I've tried 5 recipes from this book so far - the harissa chicken, the 5 spice chicken, steamed salmon, white fish in tomato sauce and a tuna dish and loved them all. The recipes are quick and easy to prepare and don't taste like diet food at all. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Diet Grub!, 31 Dec 2009
I am a big fan of the previous book in this series and was really pleased to find a follow up. The recipes are simple and easy to follow, lovely food that makes dieting a pleasure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect book, 18 Nov 2010
This is the perfect recipe book, its the first time that I lose weight without being hungry or starved. Its also amazing to lose weight by being allowed to eat muffins, chocolate cake, pancakes, its really really brilliant and I would recommend this to everyone who has been trying on a million diets without any results or at least not long lasting ones and everyone who always feels bored of their food and/or hungry when not starved when dieting....

This book is not a diet, it really doesnt feel like one because you can still have cake and you will never feel hungry!!!!

Only problem with this book is the preparation time of the recipes, it takes me double sometimes triple the time that is shown per recipe but apart from that, its perfect, healthy and tasty food...

This book + a Kinect ( for the fun exercise from the comfort of your home, without having to go to the boring gym ) and weight loss is guaranteed ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Cook Yourself Thin, 16 Aug 2010
Really great book with loads of lovely recipes. You can follow their suggested diet or just use different recipes and make up your own plan. All the meals I have done so far have gone down really well with the rest of the family. Can't say that I've lost huge amounts of weight but at least you know you're eating healthily. Would definately recommend this book!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Passed the boyfriend test!, 27 July 2010
I am not an avid reviewer, but I felt I really ought to given the success from my first use of this book. I bought it last week and cooked the harissa chicken with couscous for supper last night. First of all it is amazing to look at the size of chicken breasts - I challenge anyone to find one that only weighs 100g! So I used only one between the two of us and chopped it up. It really did only take the 25 mins to prepare and cook that it suggested in the book and it tasted fantastic - definitely not like "diet food". But best of all my boyfriend did not complain that there was too little food, which is my biggest challenge when trying to eat more healthily! So a big thumbs up from me. Will have to move on and try some of the other recipes now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for vegetarians (if you have a mind for adapting recipes), 1 July 2010
I bought this book after watching Cook Yourself Thin on Channel 4 recently. Being a vegetarian, I always find it hard to buy cook books and diet books that I can adapt to my needs. I have read this book cover to cover, and after studying the recipes I feel really confident that I can adapt the meat recipes to include Quorn (I'm especially looking forward to the Louisiana-style zesty burgers). The vegetarian section is good, although next time I would love to see some Quorn based recipes included in the book. There are some great marinades, gorgeous looking desserts, wonderful sounding drinks and brilliant lunchbox ideas. I'm really looking forward to trying the recipes. I am an experienced cook, and these recipes I feel could be made by the most ameteur of cooks.

My copy does have a printing error though, with some of the desserts section popping up in the middle of the lunchbox recipes.

ARRAY(0xa587f390)