5.0 out of 5 stars CLASSIC CLARKSON
As with everything Jeremy Clarkson does you will either find this book agreeable and amusing or utterly distasteful and rubbish!!I enjoyed this read, after all the man successfuly holds onto the job that little boys like me can only dream of.With his trademark dry wit Clarkson gives us his tainted view on lifes most important topics such as:Binge...
Published on 16 Oct 2008 by Foxylock

3.0 out of 5 stars Occasionally funny toilet reading
This is a collection of Clarkson's opinion column for the Sunday Times, over the years 2006 and 2007. Each one is about 3 pages in length, so it makes good reading whilst you're doing your number twos, although I read it cover-to-cover on a cross-channel ferry.

Some of the articles are quite funny. I particularly liked "Mother knows all the best games", "An...
Published on 3 Jan 2009 by Bandidoz

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars John manning, 22 Jan 2014
Always brilliant obviously same sense of humour as myself, he puts in writing the way the majority of us feel

5.0 out of 5 stars Clarkson rarely disappoints, 4 Sep 2013
Lionel Beck (North Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Jeremy Clarkson puts into print so many of the thoughts we are thinking but hardly dare articulate. His articles are the perfect antidote for political correctness. It's full of mad exaggerations, but we know not to take them as fact. A good laugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is REALLY funny. No kidding., 2 Sep 2013
I'm no Englishman. No Welsh either. Even not Scot or Irish. And I don't know much about all the guys, blokes, chaps, and bloody politics he's speaking about, but I found this book extremely funny nonetheless. So much I even immediately ordered all the other books he wrote. At 0,01 apiece, it's certainy worth it...

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny, 18 Aug 2013
Not the best of Mr clarkson started out hilariously funny then tailed off towards the end . Won't stop me buying another though

5.0 out of 5 stars Some welcome light relief, 24 May 2013
Even though I don't agree with everything he says I find Jeremy Clarksons piece entertaining and some welcome light relief from more serious writing.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice easy read to bring a smile to your face!, 30 April 2013
I picked up volume 1 to see what it was like and have been hooked ever since. Please write some more Jeremy! The only reason I didn't score 5 is because 'nothing is perfect..' The book comprises of short extracts from Jeremy's newspaper column so its easy to read a bit here and there. I have been reading on the bus, waiting at my daughters dance lessons etc. Virtually every every page had brought a smile to my face and many parts have caused me to laugh out loud and I'm not easily amused!

This book is good because Jeremy is saying what a lot of people are thinking and his tales relate to real life experiences that many of us can identify with.
If you are a politically correct type of person who is easily offended, I wouldn't bother with this book, but if you enjoy a bit of sarcasm and funny metaphors go for it! I am female by the way. Don't be put off thinking this is a blokey book or full of stuff about cars.

4.0 out of 5 stars FOR FANS ONLY, 1 April 2013
Despite the current pariah status bestowed upon anyone rash enough to admit to being a fan of Mr Clarkson, I confess that I am, indeed, a fan of all things Clarkson. I love his irreverent style of anti-establishmentism which seems to be utterly unabashed by his increasing decline into the very middle class mire that he so roundly lampoons. Top Gear sustains, simultaneously, the distinction of being one of the most watched TV shows, the most You Tube hits and the most publicly reviled show on TV. No one admits to liking it but everyone watches it! There may be few car crashes on Top Gear but Mr Clarkson's private life is a kaleidoscopic car crash all of its own and a sort of 'Jeremy Kyle for rich folks'.

It's a bit like that with Mr Clarkson's writing; no one admits to enjoying it but it is very successful! Well I, for one, am prepared to come out of the closet and admit to thoroughly enjoying Mr Clarkson's typographic rants. These books are merely a collection of his newspaper column articles and so are short, random and, often, out of date. But that doesn't matter a jot because you really read these to wallow in Jeremy's massively improbable use of simile and adjective. And, at the end of each item, I find myself in complete agreement with the 'Denim Warrior'..... er, yes it is a bit worrying!

I guess that you wouldn't even be reading this review if you weren't thinking of buying this book. And you wouldn't be thinking of buying it if you hate JC. So, on that basis, I can tell you, as a fan, that it isn't his best effort, nor is it his worst, but you will, thoroughly, enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 1 Feb 2013
This book is typical sarcastic and insulting Clarkson and therefore is highly recommended for keeping husbands very quiet on holiday

5.0 out of 5 stars For Crying out loud - Jeremy Clarkson, 20 Dec 2012
I bought this for my son's birthday. I think he enjoyed it
but I can't really say. I know he watches Top Gear as
does my husband

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Clarkson, 11 Dec 2012
Mr. Jml Hallewell "Jared Hallewell" (Maastricht, Holland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: For Crying Out Loud: The World According to Clarkson Volume 3: The World According to Clarkson v. 3 (World According to Clarkson 3) (Hardcover)
This is a great read, clarkson at his very best and you cannot help but wants to keep reading.

As always expected, fast dispatch, accurate delivery & as described. *****

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›