5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, very true ....
My partner, who has nothing to do with teaching, requested a copy for a Christmas present having read a review in the Daily Mail. I sneaked a look before wrapping it and couldn't stop laughing (I am a teacher so I can completely picture the scenarios). As a result I bought an extra copy for my niece who is training to be a primary school teacher ....
I think this...
Published on 25 Feb. 2009 by Jaqui-Ann

3.0 out of 5 stars The humorous things children say
As with all Gervase Phinn's books you are taken into the world of innocence.
Young children can say the funniest things without knowing>
Published on 16 Oct. 2010 by Mrs. J. Brook

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, very true ...., 25 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Stars (Hardcover)
I think this book will appeal to anybody (parent/teacher/relative etc) who has a relationship with young children. Its stories keep you smiling all day.

4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely little book, 27 Oct. 2010
The Little Bookworm "The little bookworm" (North Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I recently saw Gervase Phinn at an author event and he is such a lovely person. I now want to read everything he has written.

I started with this one and it has some really cute little stories in. I laughed out loud at some parts. It's a mixture of stories and poetry, which is good and there are some pretty illustrations to.

Yes it is a small book (100 pages) and you would hate this book if you didn't particularly like children! For me, it was an enjoyable read.

3.0 out of 5 stars The humorous things children say, 16 Oct. 2010
Mrs. J. Brook (Isle of Wight) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Stars (Hardcover)
As with all Gervase Phinn's books you are taken into the world of innocence.
Young children can say the funniest things without knowing>

5.0 out of 5 stars The Innocence of Children, 21 May 2010
Lincs Reader (Lincolnshire, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Stars (Hardcover)
A really wonderful pick-me-up of a book. I enjoyed 'A Wayne In A Manger' and 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars' is just as funny with some fabulous stories of the things that children say.

It's lovely to be reminded of just how innocent most little children are and the dryness of the Yorkshire humour that runs through the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christ (mas) is reborn with real human humour through Gervaise Phinn, 30 Dec. 2014
Ms. E. J. Baker "Elle" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Stars (Hardcover)
Probably the funniest christmas book you could buy yourself or anyone else - better still its all true because it has come from the mouths of children - and if you want to know the truth ask a child. Nothing tops these books - a Wayne in a Manger is also an absolute must and I will guarantee that you will be crying tears of laughter with either and both of these books. Gervaise Phinn has an incredible way with words and paints not just pictures but masterpieces of both humour, and reality within these pages. He will both touch your heart and tickle your funny bone all at the same time. All of his books are just so funny but when it comes to Christmas nothing comes close to this. Its a fabulous present for anyone including yourself. Add it to your collection and I will guarantee there will always be laughter for you every year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super book for children minds!, 7 Jan. 2014
I got this book after reading a review.
I have work with children for 15years and have my own, this book brings such amazing memories back to me.
Please read for a great giggle and an amazing insight into the world of a child.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quirky Child humour, 30 Oct. 2010
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Stars (Hardcover)
Well known for his autobiographical titles as well as his public speaking this title brings perhaps some of Gervase's best anecdotes to the fore in this compact stocking filler title that the reader will enjoy as children go to prove that misunderstanding alongside their own thinking processes can produce comedy gold.

Add to the mix something for everyone to enjoy, an author that's more than willing to poke fun at himself as well as be honest with the reader about his own past and it's a title that will endear itself to a great many.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 9 April 2014
Anne Woodings (England) - See all my reviews
A superb book and so true to life. As an ex teacher I loved it. The author obviously knows what he is writing about.

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 5 Feb. 2014
just love this author very funny little book easy to read and carry around with you not to be missed

5.0 out of 5 stars Gervase Phinn, 13 Aug. 2013
What a hose, this is the 2nd short story book I have read by Gervase. Having family involved in teaching it leads to good conversation and laughs galore. I have the whole series of Gervase Phinn's 'In The Dales'. What a master of good old stories! Alan Titchmarsh an author himself Quotes 'A Worthy Successor to James Herriot, and every bit as endearing'.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Stars
Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Stars by Gervase Phinn (Hardcover - 6 Nov. 2008)
Used & New from: £0.01