Format: Hardcover|Change

on 21 November 2006
My girlfriend bought me this book as she knew I'm a big Clarkson fan. I read it over one train journey and I thought it was fantastic. If you enjoy clarkson on tv then you'll love the book. As you would expect he is straight to the point whilst being humourous. I have to admit to agreeing with him completely in his views. (well with the exception of his slating of cricket.)
on 5 September 2006
Not being into cars I wasn't sure what I'd make of this. However once started I found it to be a hilarious read and I ended up finishing this in record time whilst on holiday. Many of the stories made me laugh out loud (much to the annoyance of my children). I'm now working my way though the rest of his publications. Excellent.
on 29 August 2004
..and I'm pleased to say I think he's fantastic. Clarkson is one of those columnists who will actually make you laugh out loud virtually everytime, regardless of the subject. His articles often twist and turn but the next smile or laugh is never far away.
This book is especially great for people that that find it hard to get the time to sit down and read a book. Basically, it's a huge collection of his articles that are roughly two or three pages long each, so you can pick it up and put it down as much as you like.
on 13 March 2006
You can't help laughing when you read this book, helped in some part by being able to hear him in your head as you read, but some of the subject matter is so funny it's almost not amusing, it's really quite serious stuff he is dealing with in some cases. I love this man's attitude and the way he writes. I can't advise people strongly enough to buy this book, even if only to unite those of us with common sense. If you ever look at the world and keep asking yourself "is it just me?" reading this book will reassure you that you are not alone.
on 10 November 2005
To summarise the content, the book is made up of articles with Jeremy Clarkson has written over the last couple of years, each discussing another area of his experiences.
I found this book really versitile. If you want you can sit down and read it straight, however I thought that its much better to have a flick through and read the articles that catch your eye. Clarkson's anecdotes are very funny and I was often caught laughing out loud to my embarressment. Even though he is a very strong tory, some of his views are hilarious, I recommend this to anyone who is looking for some light-hearted enjoyment.
I bought this more as an impulse off here - it was just under a pound, so at that price its well worth a try. And what a bargain it was! I'll admit, I've always had mixed opinions about the man himself - sometimes he can a little too far with his jokes and the likes of Top Gear, and obvious set ups (Taking and M-16 rifle on a carvan holiday?...) but netherless, his book shows the side of him I like, picking out the dubious, stupid, funny, and downright clueless things he see's in our society. The book is basically just his columns from The Telegraph from about 2001 onwards, but its an easy read not just because of it humerous content, and ideas that make you go "Yeah, I thought that!" but because the story's have the length of articles, it means you won't be putting the book mark in the middle of one of his rants.

He has some fine laugh-out loud ideas, as well as the more realistic options, that cover I wide range of issues - what he's seen on his travels in europe, laws, people, you name it. And the book doesnt scrounge on the pages too, so you'll be reading it for a long time. Great read - highly reccomended, whether your a young adult, or a middle aged grump like Clarkson himself.. at times!
on 23 September 2005
I took this book on holiday with my and I could not put it down. I laughed out loud at it so many times. Its now making its way round friends and family who are finding it just as funny. I loved this book, Clarksons whitty quips have you chuckling on every page. Its an insightful veiw of Clarksons world.
The guy is a genius.
If its humor you want buy this book, read it, then share it.
I highly recommend it.
VINE VOICEon 13 January 2006
This book is made up of articles the Mr. Clarkson has written over the past couple of years. It's topics range from restaurants to Germans and everything in between, including the office christmas party and how to tell when you've finally become old.
I found this book to be a nice and easy read, very easy to pick up but not so easy to put down again. It is the perfect book for a quick read too, with every article only usually spanning a couple of pages it's the kind of book that you can delve into for a few minutes get a fix of humour and then if you have to, put it back down again until you need that next flick through. There is no doubt that this is obviously all Clarkson's opinion and you're not going to agree with all of it but you'll be hard pressed not to find something here that will have you laughing out loud and thinking "He's right you know!"
All in all it is a very amusing book with some very interesting opinions and well worth a read.
on 25 February 2006
The master at his very best. Laugh a minute entertainment. You'll keep reading it over and over again - and still laugh even though you know what's coming. Brilliant !!
on 6 November 2006
I like Clarkson's syle, so I wanted to see what he's on about in his book. So I bought it but I didn't expect to find what I found. He has a special way of writing that I haven't seen anywhere. I found myself agreeing with most of his ideas, but mainly I found myself laughing at the solutions he brings to the day-to-day problems that one could encounter. It is undoubtedly a great book and a great laugh and it will make you read it as quickly as possible.