5.0 out of 5 stars Deserves all the high ratings, 28 Jan 2012
Jodi-Hummingbird - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This book deserves all the high ratings it has been given. I've read dozens of books on diet but this one really stood out.

Part of the book was about weight loss but the bigger part was about health, and very useful.

This book is probably the book I would recommend if you could only buy one book containing practical information about what to eat. We need to eat real food!

I can't afford to follow every suggestion (grass fed organic meats only etc.), but I have already made changes to my diet that I know will be benficial to my health. (I'm just going to ignore the bits about eating grains and legumes though as they are not for me.)

The only improvements I would suggest are a simplified list of what to eat and how much roughly of each food type that DOESN'T assume you'll eat nothing but their recipes, and more information on what to do if you are allergic/intolerant of dairy, eggs, wheat and are not eating all grains or legumes for health reasons and because high carb foods such as grains and legumes don't agree with you.

I am going to try some raw milk though, to see if I can tolerate it.

I got this book out from the library and ended up actually buying a copy because the recipes at the back all looked so good and useful. I almost never do that! But it really is just a 'keeper' in my opinion. Ignore the flashy cover and the title this is a solid book about health and diet.

If you'd like more information and facts about some of the theories mentioned in the book I'd recommend as extra reading;

1. Good Calories, Bad Calories (retitled The Diet Delusion in UK/Oz)
2. Deep Nutrition
3. Nutrition and Physical Degeneration

Jodi Bassett, The Hummingbirds' Foundation for Myalgic Encepahlomyelitis (M.E.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Must have for health enthusiasts, 9 April 2009
L. Herzer (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eat Fat, Lose Fat: Lose weight and feel great with the delicious, science-based coconut diet (Paperback)
I bought this book to learn more about coconut oil. I've already implemented many of the dietary changes, although I haven't been able to follow much of the recipes. Definitely a good place to start if you want to learn more about healthy fats. It will change a lot of beliefs that have been instilled upon us regarding what is considered healthy fats and oils and what is considered unhealthy. Only gave it 4 stars because it could have done a bit more to provide international resources for products instead of just the US. I would highly recommend, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars The way to live again and feel SO GOOD, 25 Aug 2013
It is how I eat and try and teach others as well ,following their suggestions and others from Weston A Price foundations I have not felt this fit and healthy for a very long time . I am 70 and have the energy of a person years younger then me .dont take any medicine at all .

5.0 out of 5 stars A scientific book which improves on our lives, 12 Dec 2011
Dell'utri Antonio "antokindness" (aosta, Italy) - See all my reviews
Dr. Mary Enig and Sally Fallon are determined at giving to mankind a way to open wide the eyes on the dangers-to-our-health we literally eat each and every day: and they give us the solution, period.
Great book.

4.0 out of 5 stars eat Fat, Lose Fat, 9 Nov 2014
I have the book Nourishing Traditions. I bought the above book for specific fat losing recipes. I don't live in the USA so it would be too expensive to buy the kosha products mentioned in the book on line, and I cannot get them where I live (hence the 4 stars). The book is still worth buying if you want to know the truth about saturated fats and how to get your health back through eating the right ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reading, 14 Dec 2013
This book is revolutionary, turning the modern diet recommendations on there head. It is a must read for everyone; I have proved the benefits of following this diet in my health. It is a lovely diet as well, no deprivation! You don't feel hungry on it but just well nourished.
Your body will thank you for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars interesting, 5 Nov 2010
Damian (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
very interesting book, for those embarking on the new way of healthy living and maintaining (or getting) the right weight

4.0 out of 5 stars Very informative!, 6 Sep 2014
Very informative although not for the faint hearted. I learned a lot from this!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 3 Sep 2014
I learn a lot from this and it make a big impact on me

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 7 Nov 2014
Not read yet but should be okay from all accounts

Used & New from: £11.43