5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!, 5 Dec 2006
C. H. Ellison "Ewoodblue" (Colchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kid Wrangling: The Real Guide to Caring for Babies, Toddlers and Preschoolers (Paperback)
I cannot recommend this book highly enough, and am hugely surprised to be the first person to review it.

Like most parents, when we discovered we were expecting a new arrival, we headed to the bookshops for help! We bought several books to help us - but this was easily the most helpful.

Well written, extremely helpful, funny and thought provoking. If you dont want to be lectured, but want someone 'on your side', then this is the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read for all new mums and dads, 6 Jun 2009
It's a really good book, and i would recomend it to all new parents. Kaz Cooke describes how to care for youre new baby and how to look after yourself after giving birth in the fun and non preaching way. Her unique aproach to the subject will teach you everything that you need and you wont be scared at the same time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just started but already hooked, 13 July 2013
I've just started reading this book but I'm already really into it. I love Kaz Cooke's style and have been reading her other book 'up the duff' throughout the my pregnancy. She's realistic and doesn't place high expectations on 'what you should be doing'. I'd definitely recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it. No holds barred, honest advice., 25 Oct 2010
I should begin by acknowledging that I love Kaz Cooke. Having gone through pregnancy with Up the Duff (the Australian version of A Rough Guide to Pregnancy), I really appreciate her frank, honest and friendly approach. With Kid-wrangling, she presents a lot of the facts but also cuts through a lot of the guilt that parents are made to feel by various advice books. I often find myself laughing out loud and re-reading bits to my husband that really tickle my fancy (I particularly love her attitude towards celebrity mothers - she says ALL the right things). This woman is funny and well-informed and this book makes me feels like I have a good friend around when I'm unsure of things. Dotted throughout the book are her cartoons, which rarely fail to make me smile.

This is a hefty tome of a book, covering the time from the arrival of the baby right through to preschoolers. There are huge sections on food, health, parenting approaches, really there's everything you could need right here. All the information you need is there, at your fingertips, ready to read and enjoy.

I bought two books on this, and I have to say I always prefer reading this one. Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this it's fab, 8 Oct 2014
Loved kazs pregnancy book and this is just as funny informative and interesting. Full of useful advice and a pleasure to read. Highly recommend.

Kid Wrangling: The Real Guide to Caring for Babies, Toddlers and Preschoolers