5.0 out of 5 stars Good things come to those who wait........
Having been introduced to Gervase Phinn's books by questioning why my mum and dad were both laughing in bed! I waited with baited breath for the next part... and how I wasn't disappointed. This time round Gervase is getting ready for marriage and married life and whilst only a few pages are taken up with the wedding part (don't think the whole book is given over to it) it...
Published on 8 April 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars A light hearted tale.
A pleasant easy read about a school inspector in the Yorkshire Dales. Some social comment but primarily a light hearted look at the quirky characters the inspector encounters
Published 15 months ago by Diana J Febry

4.0 out of 5 stars good book, 24 Feb 2013
good book to read about his life around school education and his personal life which is serious and also funny

5.0 out of 5 stars head over heals, 23 Feb 2013
I couldn't put your book down Gervase. It is so true to life. I work in a non academic role in a village school. When School finishes I hear their little chatter and smile at some of their little sayings BUT it isn't until someone like yourself writes all the anecdotes down that a child comes up with. That you can really appreciate the humour it holds. I have told the Teachers about your stories only to find out some have read your books and like myself found them very entertaining. Keep on writing in this style we love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Head over Heels in the Dales, 10 Feb 2013
Suzy (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Fantastic service from Rory Allin Books, very polite and helpful! Great book! I've read a few of Gervase Phinn's books and they have all been good!

5.0 out of 5 stars ;., 31 Jan 2013
Yes really enjoyed Gervase Phinn's Head Over Heels in the Dales and intend reading more of his books. I particularly liked it as it was a warm relaxing read (apart from the fact that it was interesting too!) I belong to a reading group for partially sighted people (mostly retired or "getting on a bit".!)and this was the choice of our "leader". I am partially sighted but also quite deaf (hearing aids) and at present find audio books difficult to hear. So, because I am still able to read Large Print but find large print books very difficult and heavy to hold I have started ordering them on my Kindle and find the large print on this( at present !)very "comfortable" to read!
The Kindle has brought pleasure to this old lady - long may it last!. Going back to "Head Over Heels" I really enjoyed this - it made such a change from some interesting but sometimes "morbid" tales I have read lately. "Head Over Heels" is a jolly good book to go to bed with!

5.0 out of 5 stars More fun with Phinn, 29 Jan 2013
ColinB (Leicester, England) - See all my reviews
Another one of Mr Phinn's experiences of his working life. Since we purchased several of his audio books - it was cheaper than down loading for MP3 - my wife has tried to wear out her CD player and its batteries! I have not listened (yet) but can rate this on the smile factor it creates on my wife's face.

3.0 out of 5 stars Head over heels in laughter, 4 Jan 2013
This has gripped me from start to finish with many smiles and as many guffaws of sputtering laughter. Superbly done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab must read, 30 Dec 2012
As a retired teacher can relate to many of Gervais's stories -couldn't put it down. I just wish I had thought about writing about my experiences too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Curly Small, 8 Nov 2012
Gervase Phinn's books are fantastic because they come from the heart. He is passionate about teaching, compassionate and funny! Anyone who has children of their own or works with children will spend hours chuckling at the things he tells us that they say and do. He is honest and kind and the books would make a fantastic present for anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 24 Jun 2012
This review is from: Head Over Heels in the Dales (Hardcover)
Book wonderful. I love Gervase Phinn's books and am looking forward to seeing him this week at a local venue. Book describes his ongoing inspections of schools in Yorkshire and the vocabulary that the children use makes me laugh. A very good tonic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 8 Jun 2012
Gervase Phinn is such a brilliant writer. The stories he tells of children often remind me of my own, so true & really funny.

Head Over Heels in the Dales
Head Over Heels in the Dales by Gervase Phinn (Hardcover - 28 Mar 2002)
Used & New from: 0.01