on 23 August 2000
Heaven's Mirror is a worthy and colourful successor to Graham Hancock's vastly-scoped Fingerprints of the Gods.
While not quite as detailed as his previous work (much emphasis is placed upon his wife's vivid photography) Hancock's writing style still holds our attention well, although one cannot help thinking that we've read most of his theories before in 'Fingerprints of the Gods' and there is a constant of feeling of analytical regurgitation (ie, the surface monuments mapping to Orion, global coodinate correlations etc).
However, the section on the discovery of underwater structures in South East Asia is fascinating and only acts to bolster his underlying hypotheses further. In fact as I write this review, I have just heard on the radio this morning that underwater structures have been discovered close to the shoreline of Lake Titicaca in Peru, the ancient site of Tiahuanaco. Well Graham, there's another book and TV series for you on a plate !
on 14 January 2004
This is like the book of the TV series of the book "Fingerprints of the Gods" with extended scope to include global evidence of the antiquity of modern humanity.
Summarising most of Hancock's other works (Keeper of Genesis, Sign and the Seal and of course the seminal Fingerprints) it brings you up to date with the current New Age pseudo-scientific study of ancient wisdom and architecture.
This book leans more heavily on the more concrete astronomical evidence of an ancient world religion than some of the more romantic conjecture made in his earlier book, which lends it more of an objective viewpoint. Nevertheless, absence of any serious evidence will always leave Hancock and his sources and followers on the fringe of archaeological investigation.
That said, this is a fantastic read, by turns thought-provoking and mystical; but the real reason for giving this 5 stars are the fantastic pictures which abound on every page. Taken by Hancock's wife Santha Faiia, they are truly stunning and bring to life the mysteries of the ancient remains of what could be our spiritual heritage. This is the ultimate coffee table book!
on 13 January 1999
Facinating reading. In the last chapter the author concludes that on the Spring equinnox in AD 2000the same constellations(but flipped 180 degrees)will appear as they did 12.500 years ago and it is this exact constallation that was mirrored in the monuments all over the world. The author suggests that the monuments teach us a message of important things to come. I recently read an article that said that on May 5th AD 2000 the moon, sun, Mercurius, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn are on exactly the same line with the earth and that this could cause extreme forces to occur, causing the earth to go out of ballance and the ice mass of Antartica to shift, tectonic shifts, etc.causing mass distruction and 90% of life on earth to disapear. Could it perhaps be that this alignment of the planets has happened before and that the monuments are actually referring to this event in time? Looking forward to any suggestions.
on 11 July 2000
This is the first Graham Hancock book I've bought and Its well worth a read. Admittedly, the facts are interpretted a certain way but the fact you cant hide from is how little we know about our past.
on 22 October 2015
I have had this book for a long time, years in fact and I am very late writing my review (sorry), I need to state this since the review would have been different when I first bought it, but let me start at that point. . . I loved it, just couldn't put it down or stop talking about it. It is still potently valid today of course and still the mainstream are not prepared to catch up. Graham Hancock has pushed the boundaries in all his work and continues to do so. My thoughts now though are that the boundaries are moving from under our feet, the sand is shifting under our toes and under our big TOE (theory of everything) and when one starts to even consider the new big thing, that we may well be living in a computer generated simulated reality and that consciousness may be the field that connects us to the source, everything that came before takes on new meaning. Are we about to rewrite the rewriting?

Hancock, however is one of the greats, he made debate on what could still have been taboo subjects, approachable.
on 27 November 2015
There are plenty out there with a "my minds made up-dont confuse me with facts" attitude to G.H's work- this book puts his hypothesis into the broad daylight of objectivity through Santha Faiia's photography. I would suggest there's a strong case for Santha's name to have preceded Graham Hancock's on the cover- this book serves as an excellent show-case of her work (which to a lesser extent can be seen throughout many if not all of G.H's highly recommended books) and is supported by Graham Hancock's faultless investigative research into a genuinely fascinating and criminally neglected field of research. I'm hoping if a follow up to his latest work (Magicians of the gods- also highly recommended) is produced it's done so in the same "coffee table" book format and loaded with at least as many stunning images.
on 20 September 2000
I like Graham Hancock, his ideas tap into the fundemental concerns of a lot of intelligent informed people. However those same intelligent informed people can see when facts are being presented ina selective manner. I do believe, however that Graham Hancock is on to something, his ideas about the lost civilization are compelling and presented well in what is an essential read for anyone interested in theories of this kind. However the main problem is that Graham Hancock delivers selected evidence to us but fails to be objective. The result is 'all this is great, but what about the rest'. From my own studies I know a lot of information regarding Angkor Wat for example has been convieniantly left out of this book, if it was included it would have cast doubt of Graham Hancock's theory. Alas this is the fundemental problem with this book, it is what has been excluded that lets this otherwise excellent read down. Read it as fiction and you will be rewarded, take it seriously and you will be missing a wider, more important theory that even Graham Hancock has yet to discover - the truth.
on 14 December 2014
This is a great read, and a fantastic follow up to his previous work!!! Excellent.....
on 20 March 2016
I can't stop watching all those programmes on ancient aliens, UFOs etc This is enjoyable and well written....although take it with an Atlantis-sized piece of salt.
on 13 October 1999
I was never one for entertaining notions of the origins of civilization, but the theories expounded in this book had me hooked from the very beginning. Occasionally lapsing into unnecessarily extraneous detail, the book generally manages to maintain a powerful narrative from one side of the globe to the other, presenting evidence that at times seems utterly incontrovertible. It's unclear whether Hancock's research was based on proving a theory he already had, or whether the conclusions grew naturally from the work, but if you trust even a small fraction of the mathematics, then the questions raised by the book are very serious indeed - and you can't really argue with the photographic evidence.
Heaven's Mirror is a seminal lesson in how to produce non-fiction of the highest quality. I would also welcome references to any opposing arguments that anyone would care to offer.