4.0 out of 5 stars Mum loved it, 20 Mar 2009
Charles Radcliffe (spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: James Herriot's Yorkshire (Hardcover)
A picture book for all lovers of Yorkshire with an okay text by the great vet. I got it for my Mum, a devout Yorkshire lass marooned in the south. She loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The question that Herriot provokes - could Yorkshire really be Gods Own County?, 7 July 2013
Sean Cawood (Rock of Gibraltar) - See all my reviews
This review is from: James Herriot's Yorkshire (Hardcover)
Herriot's tales and memoir's make for great 'easy' reading for any Yorkshire affecianado. I beleive it to be a timeless work in as much as, although it was clearly written in yester-year it is still as relevant today as much as when originally published. And the icing on the cake? it's obvious unadultered love of all things Yorkshire Dales & Moors in what is after all, 'Gods own County' does not actually come from a biased Yorkie (oh no, we are far too modest for any of that funky business!), but rather a Scot from the Glasgow region, I believe... I bought this to reminice, enlighten my kids & to aid in planning a holiday road trip with great tips, gleamed from fantastic photography matched by equally inspired Herriot language of both places and area's! Yes, Yes, I recommend, get off and buy a copy...

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book of a God's county !, 31 May 2014
This review is from: James Herriot's Yorkshire (Hardcover)
A lovely nostalgic book looking at alot of the places that featured in James Herriott's magnificent books based in Yorkshire. A real treat for James Herriott fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars James Herriot's Yorkshire, 26 May 2014
V. Walker (Lincolnshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: James Herriot's Yorkshire (Hardcover)
I just love James Heriott's books, all of them. And if you love Yorkshire this is for you. It's a pick up again and browse anytime book.

4.0 out of 5 stars JAMES HERRIOTT'S YORKSHIRE, 3 April 2014
This review is from: James Herriot's Yorkshire (Hardcover)
I first purchased q copy in the 1980's, but is now out of print. This used copy was purchased for a friend. As a used copy, it was in very good condition as described and therefore ideal to give as a present. Delivery was also prompt. A good purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great coffee table book, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: James Herriot's Yorkshire (Hardcover)
Used to have this book when it was first released but someone borrowed it and never returned it. Recently did the Herriot Way walk and saw a copy in one of the guest houses we stayed in which prompted me to find another one. It is every bit as good as I remembered it was. Great descriptions and dialogue, lovely photo's, transports me right back to the Yorkshire of my childhood. Would recommend it to anyone with a love of James Herriot, or anyone thinking of going walking in North Yorkshire.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY INFORMATIVE, 13 Sep 2012
GARY CARTER (MORAYFIELD, QLD, AU) - See all my reviews
This review is from: James Herriot's Yorkshire (Hardcover)
This book is so interesting after watching the TV Series ALL CREATURES GREAT AND SMALL.
It gives a further insight in to James Herriot (Alf Wight) country and the places around the
Yorkshire Dales that meant so much to him. If I ever return to the UK I'll certainly include
a look around the Yorkshire Dales.

4.0 out of 5 stars James Herriot's Yorkshire, 19 Mar 2011
This review is from: James Herriot's Yorkshire (Hardcover)
We have had this book for years but always buy another copy for our friends/relatives who visit us and spend some time motoring around Yorkshire or wish to after we give them the book.

James Herriot's Yorkshire
James Herriot's Yorkshire by James Herriot (Hardcover - 1 Oct 1979)
Used & New from: 0.01