Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£9.98+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 28 April 2013
I bought this book because Michael Lewis mentioned it in his Boomerang: The Biggest Bust and I was not disappointed. David McWilliams does a fine job in showing how the Irish debt crisis came about.
Part One of the book talks about the real estate market (perhaps one should leave out the word `real' here). If you know a little bit about property none of this will be foreign territory for you or the Irish for that matter. I loved the observations the author makes about the banking sector in Part Two. It seems that showmanship and competence are mutually exclusive events.
In Part Three, the author offers some suggestions on how to solve the Irish problem and even though the book was published in 2009 these could still be applied today, I suppose.
All told I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 2 July 2011
All of David McWilliams books are worth reading whether you are an economist or not. Written in a easy to understand manner they still provide a considerable insight into the ups and downs of the Irish economy in recent years
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again