5.0 out of 5 stars a brilliant book, 21 July 2008
This review is from: Hush, Little Baby (Paperback)
This book is a must read. Shane Dunphy has worked with many families and their children. This book is about four diffrent families with one thing in common,the children are suffering. I was in tears over each seperate story as Shane helps to get the children out of awful situations.One of the storys which has stayed on my mind is of the family that lived in a caravan, the father was a monster who beat the kids and his wife untill Shane got them away and showed the wife she could manage better on her own with the children with a little help from social services. I dont want to spoil the story but there is a heartbreaking end to that paticular story. I could not put this book down and finished it in two sittings.(i would have done it one if i didn't have a family to sort out)Please Please read this book. I have got two more books from this author and will be reading them soon. If they are as good as this one i will need to stock up on the tissues!

5.0 out of 5 stars The first but certainly not the last, 28 Sep 2011
This review is from: Hush, Little Baby (Paperback)
This is the first Shane Dunphy title I read...I actually found it in the library...and decided that I needed a copy of my own...it is THAT good...

I have gone on now to read all of Shane's titles...this one remains to be my favorite...

The stories reviewed in this book are intriguing as well as heart breaking...what is more intriguing is how Mr Dunphy dealt with each case and brought it to a conclusion...he has a true gift...

A wonderful read by a remarkable author...

5.0 out of 5 stars can't, 25 Sep 2008
Ms. L. M. Davis (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hush, Little Baby (Paperback)
i can't talk about this book it's utterly heartbreaking. one for the stronger person i think. never cried so much over a book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hush Little Baby, 2 Nov 2008
This review is from: Hush, Little Baby (Paperback)
This writer is excellent. His job must be one of the most heart breaking in the world. He manages to write his stories with honesty and empathy. You can't help but wonder how the things he tells you of, are happening in this country in the 21st century, but they obviously are.
We need all the Shane Dunphy's we can get to help eradicate these evil people and rescue the poor children these dreadful things happen to. Well done Mr Dunphy on a series of well written books and thank you from the bottom of my heart for the job you do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 22 July 2009
J. Collins (Colchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hush, Little Baby (Paperback)
A very interesting, thought provoking book that keeps you wanting to know how the children and their families are getting on. I wasnt sure when I began the book as it seemed we were only to get snippets of information but Shane keeps you informed even when it becomes very sad. The book made me rethink my thoughts about social services there are some really caring people out there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very sad stories, 7 Aug 2009
Meatyloaf (Newcastle, Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hush, Little Baby (Paperback)
Four very sad stories here. Beggars belief that some children have to live like this. Shane Dunphy paints a very vivid picture. I kept thinking about the children long after I'd finished the book. Thank God there are some people in the social services who care. All we usually hear are the terrible cases that go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very hard to stop reading once you start, 2 Jun 2014
This review is from: Hush, Little Baby (Kindle Edition)
This is the 2nd book I have read by this author. Slightly different from my normal type of book but once you start reading and get involved with the different cases it's very hard to put down. Keeps you gripped to what happens next. The end seems to come quite suddenly when your not quite expecting it though. Great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 13 May 2014
Susan Willmott (Uckfield, East Sussex Great Britain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hush, Little Baby (Kindle Edition)
A collection of stories about the affect abuse had on them, a must read for those who think life is easy for kids with problems or in care. Well written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Books, 15 Oct 2013
This review is from: Hush, Little Baby (Paperback)
Love Shane Dunphy and have read a lot of his books before so was only too happy to purchase this. Anyone who likes true to life this author is very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shocking tales of children's awful upbringing, 13 Oct 2013
This review is from: Hush, Little Baby (Kindle Edition)
I have read Shane,s other books,though they are not an easy read due to the nature of the stories they are though an insight into how awful some children,s lives are and how wonderful people like Shane become a significant part of helping these children to live a better life. Keep up your wonderful supportive job Shane ...you really do make a difference.

Hush, Little Baby
Hush, Little Baby by Shane Dunphy (Paperback - 1 Jan 2009)