1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars I have high enough blood pressure, 26 Feb. 2007
This review is from: Who Stole Our Game? The Fall and Fall of Irish Soccer (Paperback)
As a supporter of one of the more successful clubs in the League of Ireland, I started into this with a bit of scepticism, but credit to the author, who lays out the facts as they are, how this organisation and league is still operating is a mystery. Whelan traces the few highs and many lows starting with the 50's and each chapter is dedicated to a decade since. I have only started on the 80's but since I have been following my team since about then, I think I know what I'm in for for the rest of the book, although I'm hoping for a couple of nuggets to chew on since I would have only been a young lad in those days. Some of the incidents reported have fumed me and raised my discontent for an organisation that has had nothing but disregard for its own domestic game. Hopefully the new league structure will have long term benefits for Irish football and the league which, in all fairness, is been unnecessarily ignored by the so called "true Irish Soccer fan" in his Celtic jersey and Man Utd bed spread.

Who Stole Our Game? The Fall and Fall of Irish Soccer
Who Stole Our Game? The Fall and Fall of Irish Soccer by Daire Whelan (Paperback - Oct. 2006)
Used & New from: £45.44