5.0 out of 5 stars An always useful reference, 27 Feb. 2003
G. Avvinti (Sicily, Italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Foundations of Computer Science in C. (Principles of Computer Science Series) (Hardcover)
I've used this book for the namesake course at university, 2 years ago. It proved to be perfectly adequate at that time. It was very readable and complete. And this would be enough for me to give it a five stars rate.
But there's more. After these two years I've collected many other books in various areas of CS, but when I need a quick reference on any specific topic or I don't remember the formal definition of a concept, I always find this book in my hands. It is one of the references I use most often.
It has been my first book by the couple Aho-Ullman. Now I've understood that whenever these two "emeritus guys" writes something, it always worths time and money to read them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome..., 3 Jun. 2012
Emmster (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
A great book for anyone interested in studying the principles of computer science. Aho-Ullman are a dynamite team that have produced some of the most useful books I've had to work with (check out the dragon book if you're into compiler architectures).

The book was written based on Stanford uni course notes from the course CS109 - Introduction to Computer Science and is really meant as a way to provide a solid foundation for further study.

Here's a chapter list

#12 Propositional Logic
#13 Using Logic to Design Computer Components
#14 Predicate Logic

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic but interesting, nevertheless, 18 Nov. 2013
Manuel Molina Cuberos "Manuel Molina" (Madrid, Madrid Spain) - See all my reviews
A great book at a very cheap price. A compilation of classic themes in a book from 1992, but with a very comprehensive approach.

Foundations of Computer Science in C. (Principles of Computer Science Series)
Used & New from: £29.42