on 8 April 2004
As a first year Biochemistry student at the University of Warwick I would defiantly recommend this book to anyone who is taking a degree in Biology/Biochemistry/Microbiology. At Warwick our course follows the content of the book and gives us the recommended reading pages for each topic.
If you have studied A-level Biology I think you will find this book very easy to follow and easy on the eye.
It assumes only knowlege of biochemistry up to A-level standard and then slowly builds to give a very thorough level of understanding.
on 26 February 2006
This book provides detailed information on all subjects covered by the biochemistry modules in my degree. The layout is systematic, and the diagrams are very useful. I would recommend this to any student looking for a comprehensive biochemistry text to last throughout their degree.
on 5 April 2009
I am a medical student in Italy. As far as I know, almost everyone in my University use Lehninger Principles of Biochemistry, as it said to be the most comprehensive.
I find it just too stuffed with "words", a feature which puts off students who really want to learn this fantastic subject.

On the contrary, Stryer's Biochemistry is systematic and very well structured. The explanations are clear and concise.

As to Devlin's biochemistry, it must be said that it offers many more medical insights than the others, but it seems to me to lack clear and easy-to-study explanations upon more "traditional" concepts: glycolysis, oxidative phosphorylation and so on.
on 16 January 2003
An easy to understand text for Biochemistry at degree level. Clear illustrations and text is coloured to help you memorise topics easily. The book id divided into four parts THE MOLECULAR DESIGN OF LIFE, TRANSDUCING AND STORING ENERGY, SYNTHESIZING THE MOLECULES OF LIFE AND RESPONDING TO ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGES. These parts go into a great depth and I strongly recommend this to anyone studying Biochemistry. It's an excellent international edition.
on 14 January 2014
OK, so I bought edition 5 on teh second hand bit of Amazon. i doubt whether there have been many significant changes in Edition 7 except for perhaps molecular biology and genetics.
on 5 August 2015
Amazing purchase. I'd recommend it to all biochemistry students as it was recommended to me by few of my lecturers. The condition of book was very good.
on 20 October 2011
Literally arrived the next day. Thought it would take at least a good week. Good price, good condition, good times.

Thanks!
on 14 October 2014
Totally love this well explained book, and it did its job with helping me pass my studies in uni
on 12 May 2016
Very good background reading for biology teachers teaching the new Advanced Higher biology course in Scotland. Buy the most recent edition you can afford !
on 28 January 2014
I was recommended this book for uni, I haven't used it yet, the book is pretty descent in its quality