on 12 November 2000
This textbook provides an interesting overview of physiological processes in the animal kingdom. As a student of both animal biology and physiology, I found it useful during the first and second years of my degree course. I would say, though, that it is more suited to animal biologists with a passing interest in physiology or for looking up key points, rather than someone studying physiology in detail.
The layout is easy-to-use and, with plenty of diagrams and colour, very clear and understandable.
Well-recommended if it suits your needs.
on 9 February 2013
It arrived very promptly and was as described, I am very happy with this purchase! Would definitely recommend the book also it has helped me greatly, my only criticism would be that there is not much use of colour so is slightly boring to look at, however the information is sound.
on 30 May 2013
Perhaps not as nicely illustrated as the more recent versions, but useful for anyone studying how animals cope with varying environments.

Product was as described and in reasonable condition.