on 27 June 1999
The overwhelming stress that a family experiences as a result of the diagnosis of a psychotic disorder is beyond words. One thing that can help is to learn as much about the disease as possible. Although a cure for schizophrenia has yet to be found, Gottesman has successfully outlined this disease in an understandable and informative book. It has provided me with a much better understnding of a disease with an incredible social stigma.
on 2 September 2014
This is a brilliant book with loads of back ground information. I used this while i was at uni to complete my schizophrenia assignment, then bought it again recently to read it again. It covers all of the main topics, and the background stories that are included are very interesting. This is a book i will defo be keeping on my book shelf.