5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious Indeed!!
This book is just what is needed to demonstrate the simplicity of adapting well loved recipes to suit a healthier lifestyle.

Yes, it helps that the author is a well loved actor, but it is clear that he has developed these recipes himself, either from family, friends or various books collected over the years.

The chatty introductions to each recipe,...
Published on 19 Aug 2011 by Mrs Joan R Head

2.0 out of 5 stars Writing too small
Although nice to have a 'real' person writing with their personal story and recipes it is hard to wade through as the writing is the size of a story book rather than a cooking/food/health book.
Published 19 months ago by BBdeedee

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious Indeed!!, 19 Aug 2011
This review is from: Delicious Dishes for Diabetics (Paperback)

The chatty introductions to each recipe, explaining the origins or whose book he has adapted it from,are delightful. His writing style makes the book come alive. The whole layout, explanations, pictures and handy hints, make it a very easy book to follow.

As a retired health professional, who worked for over 30 years with people who were living with diabetes, I spent a great deal of time explaining how to adapt their favourite recipes. If I'd had Robin's book, back then, it certainly would have made life simpler.

I have already gifted this to friends and will certainly be buying a few more as Christmas gifts.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a lovely book, 9 Aug 2011
This review is from: Delicious Dishes for Diabetics (Paperback)
I received 'Delicious Dishes for Diabetics' a couple of days ago from Amazon and have spent such an enjoyable time reading it - (and planning) -since. It is such an attractive book - I love its simplicity and joyfulness, and the fact that it is 'wipeable' - and the illustations are evocative and magical. Above all it is such a delightful personal statement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious Dishes for Diabetics, 10 Oct 2011
This review is from: Delicious Dishes for Diabetics (Paperback)
Diabetcs can live extremely well! Recipes are easy to follow, fun to make and very, very tasty - who said Diabetes was a problem?

Amazon represents great value for money - good book, well packed and promptly delivered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cook book, 18 Oct 2011
This review is from: Delicious Dishes for Diabetics (Paperback)
There are some fantastic dishes in this book, I have tried a couple and look forward to trying some more. They are so simple to do and not lots of complicated instructions to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for diabetics!, 22 Aug 2011
This review is from: Delicious Dishes for Diabetics (Paperback)
My husband was recently diagnosed as "pre-diabetic," so I ordered this book thinking that it would give us some valuable guidance. What I discovered was an wonderful collection of flavourful and very accessible recipes which are ideal for anyone who enjoys simple, heart-healthy, low-fat and delicious Mediterrean cuisine. Not a lot of exotic ingredients or techniques required, either. This book has provided us with great inspiration for everyday meals and entertaining. In fact, after buying my own copy, I ordered six more as gifts for friends and relatives, and they have all appreciated it as much as I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes!, 12 Aug 2011
H. Brady (Palo Alto, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Delicious Dishes for Diabetics (Paperback)
I know this cookbook is geared toward people wanting to eat healthier--especially diabetics--but I like it just because it has so many recipes for great-tasting dishes. I especially like the chicken with capers in lemony sauce and the baked sweet potato with fillings. Plus there are some really lovely watercolor drawings of the author/actor Robin Ellis's home in the south of France which remind me that I'm cooking in a manner that's altogether exotic and wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious Dishes for Deiabetics - Robin Ellis, 10 Aug 2011
This review is from: Delicious Dishes for Diabetics (Paperback)
I received my copy of this beautiful cookbook from Amazon last Friday.
It's a real joy to have and to read, like Robin my husband is diabetic 1 (insulin twice a day),but I am not, though I cook for us all it is hard sometimes,but with the help of this colourful and easy to read and FOLLOW book we will be trying some new idea's.
I recommend this book to you all wheather you are diabetic or not,is worth buying it.just for the joy and sheer pleasure of a man enjoying what he is doing and sharing it.
There are some wonderful skeches by Hope James to. Elaine Ward

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum Yum, 3 Oct 2011
This review is from: Delicious Dishes for Diabetics (Paperback)
Excellent book, not just for diabetics. I bought it for my Sister and was tempted not to give it to her. Am now buying one for myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love food read this book !, 22 Aug 2011
M. Simon Chandler (Londres, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Delicious Dishes for Diabetics (Paperback)
Although aimed at diabetics, this book of food is fun and not a trace of denial of pleasure. It is beautifully illustrated by Hope James with delightful pictures of the house where Robin Ellis lives. I have already tried several of the recipes- Donald's cold cucumber soup, Tonno e Fagioli a wonderful tuna salad, the baked mackerel fillets are great as is the Blackened Salmon with Orange Yogurt Sauce. I can't wait to try out Ismail's Spicy Chicken Curry or the Lamb Tagine. There are really useful ideas for salad dressings and sauces. Plus,and this is a big plus, you feel like you are getting to know the man himself. His enthusiasm for good food is transmitted throughout the book like the word Brighton in a stick of Brighton Rock ! :) If you have a day when you just don't know what to cook, you can open this book and find something to inspire you and get you cooking with pleasure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Try this., 2 Aug 2013
This review is from: Delicious Dishes for Diabetics (Paperback)
The recipes in here are fantastic. I would recommend this book to everyone - diabetic or not. The food is great.

Delicious Dishes for Diabetics
Delicious Dishes for Diabetics by Robin Ellis (Paperback - 4 Aug 2011)
5.99