5.0 out of 5 stars STRAIGHTFORWARD AND EASY
Published on 26 Feb. 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Very handy, despite the lack of pictures
If you're new to steaming this is a great little book to get you started. It contains lots of recipes and timings for different vegetables, meat, fish and poultry. I often refer to this book more than the book which came with the steamer!

Published on 18 Nov. 2008 by Femmielala

5.0 out of 5 stars STRAIGHTFORWARD AND EASY, 26 Feb. 2004
By A Customer
Don't be put off by the cheap apparance of this inexpensive little book. It is an understandable and brilliant guide to using any type of steamer. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who, like me, is new to steam cooking. Delicious recipies that you really do want to cook and eat, and old favourites I haven't seen for years like steamed puds!! Buy this book before you get the more expensive ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 27 Jun. 2006
Quite possibly the only steamer cookbook you will ever need. I ordered this little book after being disappointed by the thin and uninspiring content of a flashier and much more expensive alternative (which I am returning in disgust to Amazon). I am thrilled with Steaming! - an excellent book, packed with useful information and lots of tasty looking recipes for food I actually want to cook. Looking at the wide range of recipes, it is quite possible that a steamer might be the only bit of cookery equipment you need in a kitchen!

3.0 out of 5 stars Very handy, despite the lack of pictures, 18 Nov. 2008

My only criticism is that there are no pictures to accompany the recipes, but if you're looking for an inexpensive book to get you started, this is the one for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Miles better than a glossy celebrity cookbook, 21 Jan. 2003
By A Customer
This book is easy to pass over because it has a plain cover and is printed without pictures on cheap paper, but it's one of my favorites. The recipes I've tried work well, taste really good, are pretty simple to prepare and are healthy. When we lived on a boat without potable water, I could prepare dinner in the steamer with only 1.5 liters of water, and that includes the washing up water! I still use the steamer almost every night, even if just for veggies (the author provides a table for doing this), and I love her 'packets'. I haven't tried the desserts in the back and still prefer to cook grains and pasta in a separate pot, but still this is an excellent book. I've gotten much more use out of this cookbook than those glossy, beautifully photographed and basically useless cookbooks I've bought or been given recently.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent little book, 20 Mar. 2002
By A Customer
What excellent value for money this little book is. Practical,easy to follow, with clear explanations and enticing recipes. It is one of the few books in my collection that is destined to become dog-eared through constant use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little book, 4 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Steaming! (Paperback)
Bought a steamer for my husband's Christmas and this book is an excellent addition. So much information and some lovely recipes to try out and a great source of "steaming" times. It may be paperback, but don't let that put you off. If you have a steamer, you need this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A little gem of a recipe book, 28 May 2008
I had bought myself a three-tied steamer but was very disappointed with how bland the food was. So I bought this book together with another far more expensive one to see if I could get some ideas. I was very disappointed with the more expensive book but this cheap little recipe book is a gem. Don't be put off by the cheap price. It's packed with all the information you will need for steaming healthy and tasty food.

4.0 out of 5 stars Have used this book again and again, 14 May 2009
This is a good introduction to steaming.

I've used the reference table (length of time for steaming different fruit and veg) again and again. I have to confess I haven't bothered with the recipes - the puddings look rather daunting. But the book was worth the money just for the fruit and veg.

Recommended for baby-led weaners.

4.0 out of 5 stars A small but powerful book, 8 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Steaming! (Paperback)
The book arrived really quickly and when I opened the parcel I was surprised that it was quite small and made of low-quality gray paper. It immediately put me off reading but I decided not to judge it until I try out some of the recipes. And you know what? They are really great! Most of them are fairly simple and do not require too many sophisticated ingredients which is a plus when you try to cook on a budget. The author covers various types of dishes, including breakfast items, meats, vegetables and desserts. I have tried a couple of them and the authors steaming times recommendations are rather accurate, the dishes are really good. To be honest, some of the recipes are really exciting and out-of-the-box - have you ever thought of preparing a CAKE in your steamer? I haven't.

Although this book is great in general, I would recommend it to people who actually own an electrical steamer as opposed to am attachment to a pot- most of the recipes call for steaming various products at the same time and it wouldn't be feasable unless you have two or three tires to separate the ingredients. On the other hand, if you don't have one, there is no harm buying this book first as the author gives some advice on how to choose some good equipment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent paper back book, 10 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Steaming! (Paperback)
This is an excellent book. Easy to follow recipes. I was initially reluctant to buy it because I do like to see pictures of the finished recipes but given the other positive reviews I thought I would give this book a shot. It was definitely worth it. The slow cooking one is excellent too! Tried many of the recipes over the festive period.

Steaming!
Steaming! by Annette Yates (Paperback - 6 Nov. 2008)