4.0 out of 5 stars It's all about ONLINE poker
First word of warning. This book is not about the basics of Texas Hold 'Em poker. It's about the basics of online playing, so if you are looking for basic poker techniques and so on, you are not going to find them here.

This book assumes you have already covered the poker basics elsewhere and launches straight into the do's and don'ts of online poker...
Published on 6 Oct. 2009 by J. M. Salinas

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm
Not the best I' afraid.

I will keep this nice and short as I know many of the people reading this will be browsing other books completely baffled as to which to buy. This book is aimed at complete novices. Well, tell a lie, novices who already know the rules and how betting works in its basic level. Anyone who has thought about playing poker in a serious manner...
Published on 8 Feb. 2011 by Daniel Bowler

5.0 out of 5 stars Texas Hold'em Poker : Win Online, 10 Jan. 2010
Steven Taylor "st.67" (Gloucester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Texas Hold'em Poker: Win Online (Paperback)
Very good read and whatever your standard of poker play, will be very helpful. The sort of book to keep on your poker bookshelf to pick up time and time again to refresh your poker skills. Of all the poker books out there I found this the most helpful and my game improved.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book for basics, 5 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Texas Hold'em Poker: Win Online (Paperback)
I thought this book was good for the beginner poker player. It certainly helped me gain more of an understanding of the game and tactics that I can employ. Further reading is necessary to build on these skills if you are to win more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 21 Jan. 2009
This review is from: Texas Hold'em Poker: Win Online (Paperback)
I don't usually write reviews but thought I'd take a second for this book.

If you a beginner looking to get better, buy it...if your an experienced player as I was I don't believe it will have much to offer. I'll explain:

The book is split in to 3 main sections, Cash games, MTTs and SNGs - (There is also a lot on poker temperament etc, very important!)

Now, this is a small book...there is no way you can write some good, solid advice about SnGs, MTTs AND Cash games in such a small book. And it shows, there is some good advice but not enough.

If your looking for the basics get this, If your looking to get good at MTTs, SNGs and cash games buy 3 seperate books with good reviews.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great if your just starting out, 25 Jun. 2010
P. Nixon (Swindon, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Texas Hold'em Poker: Win Online (Paperback)
If your new to poker, after finishing this book you can take everything you learnt from it, apply it a real life game and walk away a winner. This won't take you past low-limit games, but everyone has to start somewhere and I highly recommend you start here.

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY!, 29 July 2008
This review is from: Texas Hold'em Poker: Win Online (Paperback)
I bought this book when a keen novice, and it taught me so much in such a short space of time. The book is slim and is probably for beginners and those who have played a while but not with much success, however, its just what you need to get a solid grounding of the game. It is really well written so you don't get bored or have too much to take in at once and the strategies are easy to follow and understand. Bottom line - I read this book in 4 hours, then played two 10 seater sit 'n' go tourneys in a row and won them both! (albeit they were really low stake $1 dollar buy ins but hey, the $10 winnings meant this book had paid for itself in one evening!)

3.0 out of 5 stars Very basic, but ok for newbies!, 13 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Texas Hold'em Poker: Win Online (Paperback)
If you have never played hold'em no limit poker online before and would like to understand the basic concepts about the different possibilities you have when playing poker online, this book is a good and cheap alternative to surfing a few poker websites around.
But take into account that this book is extremely basic: a good way to have a first approach to online poker and make some sense playing, but that's it. If you are looking for that, I'd recommend to buy it.
If you have some kind of experience, other books out there may be more suitable for you.
3-star rating taking into account the very reasonable price of the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful for improving your online game, 16 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Texas Hold'em Poker: Win Online (Paperback)
If you are looking to improve your online game, this book is really helpful. For me, it helped me to identify bad habits and sloppiness in my game, and it gives strong strategies to help you improve. The book particularly emphasises the importance of patience and discipline, something that I think a lot of us let slide in our desire to be in and among it! Not a book for beginners but aimed at people who play online already and want to do better. I think it succeeds very well in that aim - by following the advice in the book I've already easily won back the cost of buying it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great beginner book!, 17 Oct. 2009
Mr. Martin Tait "TaitM9" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Texas Hold'em Poker: Win Online (Paperback)
This book if great for beginner players, I bought it only a few days ago and feel I've gone from complete beginner to an intermediate level of playing, previously I was betting and raising without really understanding, sure I knew a straight beat a pair, but didnt understand what hands to bet and why to bet them. Now after reading the book my game has really improved, I've went from loosing most hands played to winning most hands played.

The book is pretty thin but it teaches you the basics in a very clear and basic way, covering things like a basic winning strategy, which hands to play and which hands to flop, and basically mould you into a tight/aggressive winning player.

Once those basic skills are mastered, chapter 7 provides more tips and strategies for online poker, teaching you about paitence, spotting tells online, ego, weak hands, and focuses more on the psychology part of poker, which after reading the main basics in chapter 3, has really upped my play.

All in all, great book for beginners, but I would definetley buying a thicker/bigger book in addition and adding this along side for a different angle of knowledge.

3.0 out of 5 stars review, 26 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Texas Hold'em Poker: Win Online (Paperback)
Having read several poker books in recent years, I was lulled into purchasing this one based on the reviews. However, it must be said that this is basic poker tuition - not that basic strategy is something that can be skipped over, but dont expect much more than ABC poker. A good book to start with - yes. Beyond that, there are better buys, 'little green' and 'little blue' are for me the books of choice for possible first and second+ levels.
To summarize, a very good book for beginners IMO.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 18 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Texas Hold'em Poker: Win Online (Paperback)
An OK book with some OK tips, do not buy this book if you intend on playing for any kind of decent money the quality of content is basic.

Texas Hold'em Poker: Win Online
Texas Hold'em Poker: Win Online by Paul Mendelson (Paperback - 8 Nov. 2007)