Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 2 March 2013
I had hoped this book would have more contemporary relevance than it does. The illustrations are delightful and the descriptions of items in Claire McCardell's own wardrobe are mouthwatering but it is aimed at the relatively wealthy American woman of the 1950s, not Everywoman of the 21st century.
There are useful nuggets of information embedded in the text but you have to search hard to find them. I found Genevieve Antoine-Dariaux's 'A Guide To Elegance' of more practical use.
But maybe I'm missing the point. Perhaps I should just enjoy the evocation of a particular period in fashion.
on 21 April 2013
An excellent book to give a glimpse into the past and see that most is relevant now. Great fun. Would recommend.