on 27 September 2013
I seem to work harder and longer hours as I'm getting older, but sadly have less to spend, with the majority of my wardrobe now coming via good buys from charity shops. As a result of this situation, I thought that 'Get The Most From Your Clothes' would be a useful book to invest in. It turns out that I was correct! This is a great book to show you how to re-invent old clothing that you may otherwise have either thrown out, or passed by in the charity shop because it was the wrong size/no longer fashionable/ an unflattering shape. Read this and become inspired to up-cycle clothing with little effort and expense. Great to up-date your own wardrobe and accessories on a shoestring, or to give items as individual, one-off gifts. Well worth buying.
on 22 November 2013
This book has a few nice tips on how to change certain clothes, but the designs are awful! I made on of her recycled tshirt backless tops from an old tshirt of my partner and it does not look good. I haven't worn it and am unlikely to. I don't think the book is of great value to the experienced sewer.
on 22 June 2013
I got this because it inspired me, some of them I would wear, but some looked childish and ridiculous. However, the book looked visually nice and written in a fun way. I liked the pretty ways trousers could be fixed without using zips, and few books show you how to avoid zips!
on 15 November 2013
Lots of information but clearly for the woman who wants to revamp and keep the dated classic look. I wanted to make old clothing look stylish and new not dated and new, but a very good book if like that sort of style.
on 30 January 2013
would make a good magazine article but not an expensive book. A few nice ideas and clear instructions but too many of them weren't quirky but silly....as if you'd wear that !
on 14 June 2015
I found this book a little bit elementary . I have sewn for years and found that some of the ideas were a bit old fashioned. Having said that I think it is perfect for a beginner because it shows you how to make the changes.
on 15 March 2015