5.0 out of 5 stars Most helpful and comprehensive book out there
This has to be one of the most comprehensive sugarcraft technique books on the market at the moment. It covers every type of cake or cookie, and covers so many techniques in an easy to read, easy to follow user friendly way. The cakes are unique and modern, unlike many of the books on the market at the moment. I would highly recommend this book for beginners and experts...
Published on 18 Oct 2011 by leannegayle

2.0 out of 5 stars Not at all beginners book
I am a beginner searching for a cake decorating book to guide me through the whole process and the techniques of using sugarpaste etc. I did some research before my purchase, I read the reviews, I got amazed by the cover and the images of the book and I was a bit misguided from the book's title. By the time I got it I understood this was not a bible at all. It explains...
Published 9 months ago by Kampia

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars the contempory cake decorating bible, 5 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Contemporary Cake Decorating Bible: Creative Techniques, Fresh Inspiration, Stylish Designs (Hardcover)
lovely book, great ideas and easy book to follow.
A good balance of recipes,pictures and intuition.
always room for this one on the shelf

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 5 Feb 2012
I'm fairly new at doing cake decorating but my family have done it for years and this book is an essential one to have. We have quite a lot of books but you sometimes feel as if the writers are hiding some of there trade secrets whereas with this book she really does teach you everything. This book focuses mainly on skills and techniques that are key to making cake decorating a lot more simpler and to achieving beautiful designs. The book is clearly set out in different sections based on techniques and each contain cakes and cookie designs to test the skills you learn. The step by step instructions and photos are very clear and easy to follow and this book really does cover so many skills from modelling flowers, shapes etc to embossing stencilling and moulds. Really can't rate this book enough for both beginners and the more advanced alike to achieve really beautiful cakes.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have book, 30 Oct 2011
I love this book and thoroughly recommend it to anyone who likes cake decorating and wants to learn more. It's full of great tips and demonstrations of loads of useful techniques. I love Lindy's style of teaching and decorating. Recommend +++

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Cake Decorating book, 23 Jun 2012
Just received this amazing book. It arrived earlier than I expected so thanks amazon for the excellent service. As for the book itself it matches up to its name. It gives detailed information on everything you need to know from baking and covering cakes, stenciling etc., what tools to use, how to pipe icing and every single page is illustrated with the most amazing pictures. Can be used by both beginners and advanced cake decorators. I strongly recommend this book for any person attempting to cake decorate.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best ever!, 19 Oct 2011
Got this book today and its just amazing. It covers so many techniques for cakes and cookies and each one in great detail and has lots of pictures. I have got lots of cake decorating books and this is the best yet. it is great for people who need new and refreshing ideas... its all very up-to -date with all the latest products -like stencils. I would recommend this to anyone who loves cake!

4.0 out of 5 stars nice, 27 Feb 2013
very nice book those demo i really enjoy myself, i tried some technics works very well, thanks soooooo much!!!!!!!
highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book!, 18 Oct 2012
A. K. Fallick - See all my reviews
This is a fantastic book, full of inspiration and skills. My sister bought it for me for Christmas and we all loved it so much I ended up buying it for my friend who had borrowed it several times! :D I love Lindy Smith's work...

5.0 out of 5 stars The contemorary cake decorating bible., 11 Oct 2012
I recently bought this book as a Christmas present for my daughter in Law as she has embarked on trying cake decorating. Although I was unsure about the book, as you often don't know what you are going to get I sent for it anyway. Well!!! I was shocked at this good buy. This book is full of tips for anyone who is a learner of cake decorating or for those who are advanced. Lindy Smith shares her experience and give so many tips on how to do things with ordinary household stuff. Amazing, in fact I am going to order one for myself. The pictures of the cakes and techniques are lovely and there is even a project section in the back with instructions on how to do the cakes, you don't get that often, also some templates. A great buy. JMB

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Help, 20 Sep 2012
This book has been very helpful and answered a few questions that I had about making my cakes. Well worth the money and a great addition to my growing library of cake decorating books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cake Book, 23 Nov 2011
Absolutely delighted with this book. I've been cake decorating for a number of years now and always on the look out for new ideas. I'm looking forward to trying these designs out

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›