5.0 out of 5 stars Most helpful and comprehensive book out there
Published on 18 Oct 2011 by leannegayle

2.0 out of 5 stars Not at all beginners book
Published 10 months ago by Kampia

5.0 out of 5 stars Most helpful and comprehensive book out there, 18 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Contemporary Cake Decorating Bible: Creative Techniques, Fresh Inspiration, Stylish Designs (Hardcover)
This has to be one of the most comprehensive sugarcraft technique books on the market at the moment. It covers every type of cake or cookie, and covers so many techniques in an easy to read, easy to follow user friendly way. The cakes are unique and modern, unlike many of the books on the market at the moment. I would highly recommend this book for beginners and experts alike - there's something for everyone in here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 15 Oct 2011
I received this today and it is already my favorite book. Unlike other cake decorating books which focus on making specific cakes, this book is all about different technique and skills to use when making your own cakes. There are some gorgeous cakes in the book but it's a fantastic reference for build on your own skills. I can't wait to try them all out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, swiftly delivered., 26 Oct 2011
I'd highly recommend this book - lots of interesting advice and easy to follow instructions to create wonderfully impressive designs, relatively easily. I'm looking forward to trying them all out!

4.0 out of 5 stars The contemporary Cake Decorating Bible, 12 Jan 2012
Inspirational to those who have a little know how - not so good with beginners ! A good book to have and new ideas to work with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 8 Jun 2012
Great book for the beginner like me and also intermediate in my opinion,
Covers all the basics plus some more advanced techniques. Easy to follow instructions with pictures and a good section on equipment and recipes for the base cakes. I found myself constanty saying "oh, so that's how you do that". Or "so that's the way you get a cake to look like that". Well worth the money for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cake icing, 8 Feb 2012
This book is excellent for all cake bakers. Instructions are clear to follow. Projects are really good and there is a variety. I can't wait to practice with this book and make some special cakes. I would recommend this for both beginners and advanced bakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book!!, 15 Jan 2012
I have recently bought this book, it offers lots of new techniques and projects to try.. I have lots of cake decorating books but none that cover so many different skills. Well done Lindy!,

5.0 out of 5 stars cake decorating bible, 19 Jun 2012
Very inspirational-feels like you just want to bake lots of cakes/cookies, whatever in this book , and decorate . Easy to follow instruction , very different from other cake dec book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not at all beginners book, 10 Oct 2013
I am a beginner searching for a cake decorating book to guide me through the whole process and the techniques of using sugarpaste etc. I did some research before my purchase, I read the reviews, I got amazed by the cover and the images of the book and I was a bit misguided from the book's title. By the time I got it I understood this was not a bible at all. It explains little about a lot of stuff but certainly not enough and not about everything. Hand modeling of people and animals is not mentioned at all, neither is wrapping cakes with chocolate using transfer sheets. That goes for the word bible. When I read about a Cake Decorating Bible I expect a book that talks about all the techniques in cake decorating.
Yesterday I tried to make my own sugarpaste with the recipe in page 20 (it was not the first time I made sugarpaste but until yesterday I was using a recipe I found online and I though to trust my new book's recipe and make a more professional looking rolled fondant)and it was a nightmare! I did everything the book said but the sugarpaste was really hard to work with. It took me almost an hour to form a dough I could actually work with and it was neither shiny or pretty. I tried to find more info in Lindy's blog as suggested in the book but all I could find was class' advertising posts.
To conclude. This is a good book for those already experienced in cake decorating who would like to get some interesting ideas. Not a book for beginners who want a guide book and definately not a bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great, clear read, 1 Mar 2012
Bought this book as I am teaching myself sugarcraft and cake decorating. Contains some really good ideas, all described clearly with excellent photographs. The book is well broken down into designs using different types of equipment so can easily be used to 'work through' teaching yourself new techniques.