5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have Book!!!
This is one of the nicest applique books I seen in a long time with lots if diagrams and instructions, all beautifully
illustrated.
Some lovely projects to keep the quilter happy for hours.
Published on 3 July 2011 by The Browns of Reading

3.0 out of 5 stars A range of projects that help you learn applique techniques
In this book there is a mix between quick projects like a Tilda style Christmas angel, hanging hearts decorations, rose bouquet bag and the flowers sewing bag and the more time consuming projects such as the quilts.

Published on 6 Aug 2011 by Sewing Directory

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have Book!!!, 3 July 2011
This review is from: Folk Quilt Applique: Irresistible Projects, Clever Techniques (Paperback)
illustrated.
Some lovely projects to keep the quilter happy for hours.
It covers machine and hand applique and lots of other techniques for the experienced and novice quilter. Lots of embellishing ideas with embroidery stitches clearly illustrated. Clare Kingslake's naive style is so refreshing.
She is one very talented lady.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, 25 July 2011
I love this book .The author had been to my local patchwork shop for a book signing .There were several of the designs in this book on display .They are really lovely. I have many applique books but this is becoming one of my favourites .I would recommend it if you love applique .

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely style with great how-to section at the back, 23 July 2011
I bought this book, and not being an expert yet I've found it perfect. I prefer hand sewing to using a machine and this book has really encouraged me to have a go at different techniques with the how-to section at the back. There is a lot of range in the difficulty, so I've got smaller projects to keep me going until I can work up to the full quilts. I love the naive style, and there is a mix of more contemporary chapters with the more traditional. I'm really pleased with my purchase and I will be passing it on to my quilting friends.

3.0 out of 5 stars A range of projects that help you learn applique techniques, 6 Aug 2011
Sewing Directory (Devon) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

The projects in the book are a mix between classical and more modern contemporary ones, some of this is down to the fabrics used. I found some of them to be a bit old fashioned for me personally but there are a couple of really bright cheerful quilts which I love: the Buttercup quilt and the Feathered Friends Quilt.

The projects have a rustic feel and as you can guess from the title involve a lot of appliqué. However, don't panic if you haven't tried appliqué before as there is a sizeable reference section at the back of the book which covers appliqué techniques, quilting and embroidery.

This review originally appeared on The Sewing Directory.

4.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing take on folk patchwork, 16 Jan 2012
This book is full of original folk'inspired patchwork and applique projects. The instructions are quite detailed and it invites you to use different technique. Each project is nicely illustrated with several photographs and diagrams. Better suited for the non-beginning sewer as some of the projects are a little advanced.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book...., 5 Nov 2011
L. Fitzsimons (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
It has lots of lovely projects which I'm sure that I will make over the coming months;I've already spent a considerable amount of time gazing at them and imagining how they will look in my own colourways! Having recently attended one of Claire's workshops I now have the 'applique bug'and this book gives such clear, helpful instructions that I'm confident that I'll be using this one for years to come. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars All appliqued up!, 1 May 2012
I was pleased when looking for appliqué projects that I was able to look in this book to see what was included and it was doing this that helped influence my decision to buy as the projects are beautiful. I was so excited when I received the book and could look at the whole thing! The projects are all well described and there are alternative, simpler projects for a couple of them if you don't feel ready to do them full scale. Clare Kingslake starts with discussions about fabric options/choices before moving onto actual projects. I liked the way within the instructions that she gives full instructions on the techniques used within each project. What I was also impressed with was that the templates for every project had very cleverly been positioned within the book so that every project required a standard 250% increase on the photocopier - I didn't have to fiddle about in the store re-selecting different options. There are also referrals back to techniques in the main, very comprehensive, index in a separate coloured box. All in all this is a great book, and whilst I'm a beginner I didn't feel at all intimidated by the complexity of the projects. I just hope Clare decides to publish a second book of equally irresistible projects.

1.0 out of 5 stars A Disappointing Purchase, 4 Jun 2012
I bought this book as I wanted a book with projects to make which incorporated applique, embroidery and sewing which this book does. I regret the purchase. One illustrated project that I was keen to make does not actually have the instructions in the book, so why is it illustrated ! You have to purchase the kit from the website for 8. Some of the projects were well designed and were inspiring but others were not and the workmanship in the illustrations is sometimes of a poor standard. No, I would not recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Folk Quilt Applique, 7 Sep 2013
Lots of inspirational ideas inside for all level of quilters whether it is for a quilt or wall hanging with easy to follow instructions

5.0 out of 5 stars Super dooper Applique!, 23 Aug 2013
Great projects, clear instructions and so many I should like to make. The book itself is very tactile with its soft, Matt cover! Fab!

Folk Quilt Applique: Irresistible Projects, Clever Techniques
Folk Quilt Applique: Irresistible Projects, Clever Techniques by Clare Kingslake (Paperback - 29 July 2011)
12.72