5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must have!
I only started patchwork and quilting in September but if there is 1 book you should own this is it!
I keep delving into it and can't put it down for long. The instructions are clear and concise and the pictures are an inspiration.
Published on 22 April 2011 by Mad Mummy

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really for absolute beginners
I have a sewing machine and a lot of fabric and I love patchwork quilts, and have always fancied making one, but I have no idea how to make them and I have very limited sewing skills. I searched for a book that would teach me how to make a patchwork quilt from scratch and got this one based on the reviews.

Don't get me wrong, this is a lovely book, well laid...
Published on 18 Mar 2012 by FLB

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must have!, 22 April 2011
This review is from: The Quilter's Bible: The Indispensable Guide to Patchwork, Quilting and Applique (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book!!!!, 14 May 2011
Hi everyone,

This is a really amazing book.I've been looking for a comprehensive book covering all sorts of patchwork and quilting techniques and this one has it all.There are so many techniques covered and all illustrated by great diagrams and lovely quilt pictures.Lots of samples have been stitched too,to show how something is done.
The whole book is really colorful and inviting and written in an easy but logical style that is a pleasure to read.The author's love of quilting really shines through and she has included so many ideas i can't wait to try.This is going to be a book I will use again and again and I can't recommend it highly enough.

C.whitehead

5.0 out of 5 stars for all levels, 29 April 2011
K. Platt "blackplantlady" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
An ultimate resource for the quilter featuring over 220 patchwork, quilting and applique techniques in one book. This book is very comprehensive with numerous detailed photos or line drawings showing techniques. In addition there are 13 good projects for you to try out your new or enhanced skills. I can't really think of anything that is not covered in this book. The instructions are clear and easy to follow. There are many examples of finished work. Once you have mastered the techniques, you are only limited by your own creativity. A brilliant book for all levels. This review first appeared on Karen Platt's book review website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for all, 22 Nov 2011
I am very new to quilting and whilst I had Pam Linott's book - Jelly Roll Quilts, it didn't give me enough information re cutting and using rulers etc. So bought this book and how glad I am, am currently plunging head first into making a full size quilt and this book is open on my desk and I refer to it a lot. Very helpful, well written and loads of lovely photos etc.
I would definitely recommend this to anyone interested in quilting. Inspirational!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quilters Bible, 26 Jun 2011
If you only buy one quilting book, this is the one. There are lots of lovely projects, plenty of inspiration and the instructions are easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant book - worth every penny, 5 Jan 2012
As a clumsy, cackhanded newcomer to quilting and applique, I launched into a major project without really reading up on how to do it, then found myself making ugly mistakes all over the place and running to the internet every five minutes to see how to put them right.

So I bought this book - and it is fantastic. It is set out in a very logical way; it explains things so clearly, with plenty of photos and illustrations; and it's pretty inspirational too (as well as some lovely quilt photos, it covered several types of applique that were new to me at least). It's also very readable - it must be the first reference book that I have actually read in one sitting from cover to cover.

If you're new to patchwork, applique and quilting, this is the book you are looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 30 May 2011
This is the best book I have come across for patchwork! I am very new to the craft but it explains so much to grow into as well as very clearly going through the basic stuff. This really helped fill the gaps in my knowledge that I was left with from reading other books and now I feel confident in my sewing. Top notch.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST HAVE, 12 Oct 2011
IF you are new to quilting or like my friend an old hand, then this book is for you. EASY to understand jargon. beautiful illustrations. and easy but delightfull projects to make.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 25 Sep 2011
As a beginner in this art I found this book very easy to follow. Very good explanations and very well ilustrated. It has an array of techniques and proyects, and it is so updated that I think I will not need to buy another book for a very, very long time.
Very inspirational. I have made a couple of short protects and they look so lovely that I can not believe I was able to achieve such good results in a short period of time.

From thousands of books covering this subject I am very please to have found this one
I highly recommend this book to the ones who are just start cracking on patchwork and quilting

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really for absolute beginners, 18 Mar 2012
FLB (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Don't get me wrong, this is a lovely book, well laid out, lots of images and suggestions, but I did not find out HOW to start off if you have absolutely no idea whatsoever. Ie....how big should I make the little squares? I think this is better aimed at people with some experience, but I can see that it is a quality book - and hopefully it will be of use to me one day, but for now I am looking for an idiots guide.