Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 November 2009
Bit of a mixed bag in this one, some things useful to most people, others no use whatsoever.
There's a picnic rug,a breakfast set (as on cover) and a snakes and ladders mat, a spring cleaning apron and a duvet and pillowcase set, a rag rug and a monthly wall planner. The usual throw and cushion are in there and a house picture mini quilt, a floral wreath and a festive angel doll bring up the rear. The book gives techniques and templates and uses patchwork, quilting, sewing oilcloth, applique work, rag rugging and some embroidery. Instructions are good and easy to follow, nothing is complicated and the look is comfortably homemade. I found it a bit too homespun for me BUT that kind of look is very popular so I think it will suit a lot of people very well.
on 7 December 2009
I'd agree with the other review that has some lovely ideas and others I am not likely to ever make. I hoped there would be tons more ideas like the cover.
Not bad for the price. Would recommend "Free and Easy Stitch Style: Go Freestyle with Machine Embroidery for Uniquely Creative Motifs, Patterns and Projects
by Poppy Treffry" if you like these crafts.
on 6 April 2013
a wide range of ideas to make,my favourite is the felted tea cosy shown on the cover. The only criticism I have about this book is, that like so many others, you have to enlarge the templates for a lot of the designs. Personally I'd rather pay a bit more for the book and have the templates already at the correct size. For this reason alone I've only given this book a 3 star rating.
on 15 December 2009
What an amazingly inspirational book. Extremely well written with some beautiful photography; the projects are not only inviting but equally practical, usefull and gorgeous. I've dug out all my old fabrics and sorted old clothes to get cracking on my door wreath in time for Chritsmas Day! This book would make a superb gift and will always be on my coffee table!
on 22 December 2009
I'm thrilled with this book. It's beautifully photographed. The instructions are clear and accurate and it's full of projects that are just a little bit different from the the usual. No chance of me giving this away for Christmas!
on 27 January 2010
This book has some real good patterns and some that are of no use really. However
instructions are clear and easy to follow. This is a good present for a beginner or more experiencd sewer alike.
on 8 March 2010
A well laid out book with clear instructions and photographs. Some nice ideas that I will probably incorporate into other projects as the ones in the book seem a little basic. A book more suited to people with limited experience in sewing and crafts in my opinion.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 31 January 2010
That sweet home country style is here to stay. This book has all the right touches to make a house into a home. Full of lovely projects to make with excellent instructions and templates. There are lots of things I cannot wait to make, the doll, stars and mini apron are my favourites. I find the photography style too out of focus for my taste, almost like looking through a net. I prefer this to the author's previous book but it is not in the same category as Tone Finnanger's work.
on 5 December 2012
was looking forwarded to receiving this book but have to say i was a little dissapointed. i am a keen crafter but there was really only one project i can see myself making. in future i will stick to my tilda books!
on 29 October 2010
love this book...haven't made anything yet, but just love 'looking' at it...I've carted it about everywhere with me ...it just makes me happy...and thrust it under numerous friends noses to 'have a browse' ...as soon as I've time Im going to make the tea cosy and Christmas angel :)))
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse