Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 December 2009
I'm an avid craft book buyer, but, if I'm honest, most remain on the shelf after the first browse through. This book is different. It's full of gorgeous, but manageable, designs for all sorts of occasions. One really useful feature is that the author has given approximate timings for each of the projects, which will be very helpful for when we want to make a gift but have limited time. Projects vary between a couple of hours to ten days or so.It's certainly inspired me to start crafting instead of just dreaming!
on 18 February 2010
Once again David & Charles have published a wonderful craft book. This book contains many great ideas for gifts to give family and friends,or to make for yourself, and range from gifts for a baby through to someone of ninety plus.
Although it would add to the cost of the book,it would be nice to have the templates full size rather than reduced by 50%, they could then be traced off rather than the need to have them photocopied.,
on 16 September 2010
I sent for this book because I like to make small quilted gifts that people I give them to will use. This book is full of - as another reviewer said - twee little projects - OK if you like soft, felt, pretty things strewn around your house but not much use for the practical person, who gets on with things! I felt (forgive the pun) I rather wasted my money and there weren't any items I might be tempted to make.
on 13 December 2010
I have many sewing books, and to be honest, I am disappointed with most of them. I look through and see seams that don't match, sewing that my children could do. But not this book!! This is without a doubt, the best small project book that I have ever bought and every item comes up to scratch. It is beautifully designed and put together...I could look at it all day.

I cannot recommend it highly enough. It would be a perfect present too :D
on 18 November 2010
I'd seen this book at the library so knew what I was buying. It's clear, concise and easy to follow, with inspiring makes. Shame you have to increase the templates before use, for those of us without work or access to a photocopier this can prove aggravating and costly plus you have to get the templates home without creasing or folding. However saying that it is well worth the effort.
on 8 May 2010
What a handy book to have in your collection. lovely for winter nights with lots of small projects. very pleased
on 24 March 2011
This book is so so nice, full of beautiful projects, with easy to understand instructions. The ideas are different and make fantastic gifts for many different occasions.
on 13 January 2012
This book is a must if you like making small items combining appliqué and stitchery. I am slowly working my way through all the projects with a view to donating to a charity craft fair but think some will be too hard to part with! Whether experienced or new to sewing there something for everyone.
VINE VOICEon 1 January 2010
Ok - bit twee - only thing I would give as a gift would be the item on the cover as a "container" for a present but otherwise items rather ordinary but dressed up beautifully- not what I expected and a little disappointing
on 1 February 2010
This is a lovely book to leaf through with lovely ideas - my only concern is that they are all a bit 'fiddly' so I am not sure how many one would actually make!