5.0 out of 5 stars 35 Projects To Fall In Love With!
Published on 12 Jan. 2010 by Mrs. J. A. Spendlove

3.0 out of 5 stars Just more of the same
Published on 6 Sept. 2008 by M. Remnant

5.0 out of 5 stars 35 Projects To Fall In Love With!, 12 Jan. 2010
Mrs. J. A. Spendlove (Staffordshire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sew Pretty Christmas Homestyle: Over 35 Irresistible Projects to Fall in Love with (Paperback)
I was already familiar with Tone Finnanger Books when I purchased this one as I already have Sew Pretty Homestyle. I ordered this for some inspiration for unusual Christmas items to make for my friends and family. I was not disappointed. It is, once again, a most beautiful book packed full of ideas and inspiration to make the most fabulous things for Christmas. It features 35 different projects that include Christmas stockings, angels, hearts, sweet cones, a neat little bag, teddy bears, decorations for the tree, scarf and mittens to name but a few. It features the prettiest Tilda fabrics which, for me, are rather expensive, but I feel that with a little application I may be able to source fabrics just as lovely but somewhat cheaper. It is well presented with fantastic colour photographs and clear, concise instructions. Also, the patterns at the back of the book are ready to trace as they are actual size and do not need to be enlarged before use. I would recommend this book to those of you out there that appreciate pretty country style and for those seeking a book that will provide you with the 'feel good' factor! Its a most pleasurable book just to browse through and I am hoping that, in the not too distant future, my home is graced with one or two of the projects herein! Highly recommended and im very pleased I purchased it. I love it so much that am now wondering whether to invest in the Spring book and the second Christmas version :) !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, love it, love it - every time I open it!, 4 Sept. 2008
Pompom (Devon) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I adore the ideas in this book. Every time I open it, I get excited thinking about Christmas! As a bit of a novice, I've found the book to be very thorough, with explanations of how to complete the projects. The pictures are utterly gorgeous, and I find some of the more quirky ideas really inspiring! Can't wait to get started!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Just more of the same, 6 Sept. 2008
If you don't have the earlier book, Sew Pretty Homestyle, then this is a great book to have. But the techniques used, though clever in their simplicity, are the same as those in the earlier book. The slippers, dolls, fruit, etc, are more or less identical, just in different fabrics. The Babushka dolls are new and different though and very nice. The author has made the effort to include a section on boys' bedrooms but this is a bit unrealistic: far too pretty and girly for most little boys. This is a beautiful book and worth owning for that alone, but much of the beauty comes from the use of the author's own, specially designed fabrics, wrapping papers and paper cutouts. Would the items look as good made from other (less expensive) materials? Probably not.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEAUTIFUL AND GIRLY, 6 Dec. 2012
Eleni - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This beautiful festive book includes many lovely ideas for festive sewing crafts to decorate every room in the house and also give as gifts. The book is divided into eight chapters; "The Entrance Hall", "The Living Room", "The Dining Room", "The Kitchen", "Adult Bedroom", "Girl's Bedroom", "Boy's Bedroom", and "Christmas Workshop". All the projects are very beautiful and although most projects are made with very pink and girly fabrics, if that is not your style you can choose different colours and designs.

Most projects are simple and easy to make, even for beginners like me, and I found most of the instructions sufficient. However, I have to admit that I found the most elaborate projects, like the angels and the pig dolls, a little difficult and intimidating.

Have a Very Happy Christmas!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty pictures - little substance, 30 July 2008
Having loved the Crafting Christmas Gifts, Crafting Springtime Gifts and Sew Pretty Homestyle I was thrilled to receive this new title.
I am however really disappointed by it.
I normally receive these books and want to rush and start a project, but I honestly do not think that I shall make a single thing from this publication.
On a positive note the photos are beautiful, so maybe one to leaf through rather than rush for the sewing machine.
If you are looking to create some delightful gifts and decorations I would definitely suggest Crafting Christmas Gifts rather than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 3 Sept. 2008
Everything about this book is beautiful and the patterns and pictures are wonderful to make from and be inspired by. I really like the fact that a few were gifts ideas rather than just decorations and I loved some of the quirky ideas (flying pig and geese patterns) as these would be easily adapted for other times of the year and not just Christmas which means you will get more use from it.

5.0 out of 5 stars just gorgeous, 16 Oct. 2008
K. R. Moore (Ireland) - See all my reviews
I am glad I read the other reviews after I bought the book. They were a mixed bunch of reviews but the book is just superb! Yes, the style of some of the figures is similar to some of the other books, but the subtle differences in the patterns mean that accumulating all the books and their patterns provides a fantastic resource if you would like to use them as templates and do something very alternative and creative of your own styling. In addition, the ideas for mittens, scarves, poncho and apron as gifts are really lovely - sometimes its the simplest ideas that delight the most. I didn't particularly like the disembodied angel motif but I know people that would like it - so I can only deduce that there is something for everybody in this book. Don't be put off by negative comments: there is enough in this book that even just making one or two of the many items justifies the price that the booksellers on Amazon are charging, especially when compared to the price of toy patterns in dressmaking pattern books.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Book Showing A Variety of Projects., 14 May 2015
Glenn Cook (South Cave, near Hull UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
At six pounds this book is a steal.
It has wonderful illustrations and is easy to read and follow.

The illustrations are good in that they a show a variety of different fabrics that you can use for the same item.

The templates at the back of the book are really useful and an added bonus that really makes this excellent book even better value.

The techniques are easy to follow so don't let fear of complications put you off.
As I say earlier there are projects with a variety fabrics used from beginners to more experience makers.
So there is something for everyone to tackle.

Quibbles?
I would have liked some idea of the amount of materials need for projects this would have been helpful.

Other than that this is an excellent book that will have you making a variety of thoughtful gifts for your friends and family.
Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sew Pretty Christmas Homestyle, 5 May 2013
I am an avid Tilda fan and was so pleased with this jam packed, beautiful Christmas themed Tilda book. Again it met the high standards that Tone ( the designer ) always gives us.
This is one of her larger books, and is full of lovely figures suitable for the home or even presents at Xmas.
They are suitable for the the beginner right to the advance. The book is beautifully illustrated in colour, and all of the projects are well explained and have the full sized pattern! No trying to enlarge by 100% or 200% with Tilda!
Yet another must have! I didn't get mine until late November so it was a bit difficult to make things in time for Xmas last year. Now, so I am prepared for this year, I am making one project a month!
Bargain price at Amazon.... I would advise any sewing fan to buy it as it is such good value and as long as you have suitable fabric and cotton, you are ready to go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational!, 4 April 2012
I bought this book because I already had 'Sew pretty homestyle'. Tone does not let her followers down with a range of gorgeous crafts to make for Christmas. Agreed, some of the projects- like the angel bust and the flying pig are quite unusual and possibly not to everyone's taste.
In addition, it is not very easy to get hold of some of the fabrics mentioned for the projects and some of the angels in particular are very similiar to the 'Sew Pretty Homestyle' book. However, there are a number of inspirational projects like the mittens and scarves and the flying goose is amazing. I will definately be making some projects from this book which I believe is a definate improvement on 'Sew Pretty Homestyle'.
Its one of those books that make you feel good just to look at so worth buying even if you don't get around to creating any of the projects!