4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I Needed to Know
What a useful book. I thought I knew how to upholster a chair seat but with the detailed steps in this book it is so much easier to get really good results.
Published on 10 May 2010 by The Chairman

3.0 out of 5 stars An ok book
I expected more from this book than was delivered, there is some useful information included just not quite enough for me to confidently go ahead and re-cover my suite
Published 8 months ago by Hood2rush

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I Needed to Know, 10 May 2010
This review is from: Upholstery Bible: Complete Step-by-Step Techniques for Professional Results (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously good, 5 Mar 2010
This book is ideal for anyone new to upholstery or seasoned upholsterers, clear and concise directions and hands on pictures to remind all of us what we may have just learned or learned in the past how to do upholstery. Excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Upholstery Book!, 21 April 2010
Recently purchased this book after someone in my upholstery class brought it in. What a fantastic book! With the use of very good photographs, it makes even (well, what I think of as) difficult techniques - such as deep buttoning - seem clear and do-able. The projects and fabrics are beautiful. Highly recommend this book for beginners and intermediates alike.

4.0 out of 5 stars more technique than project, 12 May 2013
I teach upholstery and this is the best book on techniques I have seen in a long time. Good beginners reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Upholstery knowhow, 31 Dec 2011
The book is very helpful in confirming all that I have been learning through classes. But, I think that even without the classes, the photos and instructions are excellent and would be very helpful for someone starting a project on their own. The photography is very clear, and certainly essential if one cannot attend a live demonstration.

5.0 out of 5 stars step by step upholstery bible, 11 Feb 2013
great book for the novice, my wife wanted to try her hand at basic upholstery and this book gives easy to understand step by step sections.

5.0 out of 5 stars A beginners review, 19 Feb 2012
The book had been recommended by our tutor, undertaking beginners course for upholstery,have found it to be very helpful the steps being straightforward and corresponding with the course extremely well. a great purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 16 Aug 2011
P. Kernan (UK) - See all my reviews
I have only used the book for 2 projects so far but it has already proved itself to be invaluable.

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NOVICE, 13 Feb 2013
I have set myself the task of re-covering and buttoning the cushion attached to a wooden handmade sofa I bought many years ago. I am not sure how I will get on, but at least I know what materials I need and the correct process. I feel much more confident now that I have this book to refer to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic step-by-step manual!, 21 Nov 2010
Ms Gillian C. Doyle "kishi" (notting hill, london, uk) - See all my reviews
Extremely useful to me as a first timer at re-upholstery! Definitive Bible! Very thorough definitions of required materials & step-by-step procedures.

Slight niggle: in any follow-up edition PLEASE INSERT step-by-step instructions for Victorian Horseshoe Chair Arms with horsehair. Can't find anywhere else.

Upholstery Bible: Complete Step-by-Step Techniques for Professional Results