4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 29 Mar 2009
I was really impressed with this book, I want to stitch most of the designs. Some examples are a beautiful picture of a witches cat, chinese phoenix, mother moon & father sun, a wizard and the wonderful moon dragon shown on the cover. Beads and hand-dyed fabric feature in many of the designs and they cater for stitchers who prefer aida to evenweave as well. Very good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for all cross stitchers, 26 Jun 2009
If you love cross stitching then you must have this book. Its full of wonderful charts and there's something for everyone. The crescent moon dragon is just stunning and the reason I bought the book. I'm very happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bewitching Cross Stitch, 18 Aug 2013
This review is from: Bewitching Cross Stitch (Paperback)
I really liked the charts in this book they are my sort of chart. I liked all of the charts. I do not think there was one I didn't. The book came quickly which I appreciated. As yet I haven't started one but sure I will. I paticularly liked the fact that there was several items all taken from one main chart.

4.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book, 19 Mar 2013
This review is from: Bewitching Cross Stitch (Paperback)
Beautiful designs with clear, easy to follow patterns included. I got this with the aim of stitching the crescent moon dragon, but I haven't quite finished that yet and I already have a list of projects to keep me busy for a while.

One or two hang ups (hence four stars) relating to the materials list and the stitching key.

On at least one occasion (the dragon) the beads listed in the materials are a different shape/size to those in the design key. I was able to identify which I needed as one of the colours was only available in one of the two sizes, however this is a problem.

On top of this, the number of spools of kreinik listed doesn't particularly seem to relate to the design. I have already completed all sections of the dragon that require Elfin green kreinik, and I still have three quarters of what I bought left, which seems more than a little ridiculous (looking at the design in hindsight, it is very clear that the number of spools listed in the materials was too high). I suspect I may encounter similar problems with the other specialty threads.

This is, however, not a reason to put you off buying the book. As I said, the designs are beautiful and I've loved every minute stitching my dragon, and am looking forward to trying the rest of the designs. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait!, 13 Feb 2009
I have been waiting eagerly for this books release since October last year.

It was well worth the wait!

I have all of Joan's books, I think this has to be my favourite.

The photographs of the finished items are so inspiring, charts easy to read as always and the designs are sumptous!

There are some real crackers for Harry Potter fans, a lovely owl that looks very like Hedwig, a dragon and a unicorn. These are small designs that would make lovely cards.

There is a good mix of different sized designs from small through to large projects like Mother Moon which is a stunning lilac/purple piece of work, embellished with beads and metallic threads.

Designs vary too from fun cheeky characters to traditional fantasy ones so there is something for everyone.

The large witch's cat is my personal favourite, so much detail, achieved with as usual from Joan's designs, no fiddly fractional stitches that will make stitching them a joy.

Well done Joan, this is in pride of place on my bookshelf among your other books, please hurry and deliver us more of your wonderful work.

I'd like another book to look forward to please :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasy cross stitch patterns, 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: Bewitching Cross Stitch (Paperback)
this is a really lovly book of cross stitch patterns,would certainly recommend this book really good if yoy like fantasy paterns to stitch

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 4 May 2013
This review is from: Bewitching Cross Stitch (Paperback)
already stitched the dragon was happy with my purchase and service and absolutely adore all the designs in this book love joan elliotts designs

5.0 out of 5 stars Bewitching Cross Stich, 23 May 2012
This review is from: Bewitching Cross Stitch (Paperback)
Bewitching indeed - the ideas this book has generated for me are much more than the projects shown - lovely book.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, 22 Oct 2011
This review is from: Bewitching Cross Stitch (Paperback)
This book is a must for all cross stitch lovers. the designs are amazing.Even if you never get around to doing them it is lovely to look at

5.0 out of 5 stars Bewitching and Magical, 23 July 2009
Nemesia Esterhuyse (Sultanate of Oman) - See all my reviews
This is a definite must buy for all fantasy cross stitch lovers. The patterns are great, the information on colors and sizes are good and there is a variety of pictures and sizes to choose from. I love this book.

Bewitching Cross Stitch
Bewitching Cross Stitch by Joan Elliott (Paperback - 22 Dec 2008)
9.48