5.0 out of 5 stars Not all Quilting, plenty of sewing too
Published on 14 Oct 2009 by Crafty Girl,

3.0 out of 5 stars Does pretty much as it says in the title.
Published on 23 Jan 2010 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Not all Quilting, plenty of sewing too, 14 Oct 2009
Crafty Girl, (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quilt Yourself Gorgeous: 21 Irresistible Fat Quarter Quilts and Homestyle Projects (Paperback)
I met Mandy at the Knitting and Stitching show last weekend and she is amazing. I bought a copy of the is book from her and it is just fab. She has got great style and imagination and despite the title there is plenty for a someone who love's sewing and fabrics to get their teeth into - check out the funky bag projects and the christmas bunting for a really cool yule! Not convinced the cover photo does the book justice at all and with that slightly misleading title (cause you don't have to be a mega quilter at all) it is a bit of a shame as the book is great. Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does pretty much as it says in the title., 23 Jan 2010
Amazon Customer (Co Durham, England) - See all my reviews
Got this book as a gift and just love the projects. My only criticism is the patterns are difficult to enlarge, I found the best way was to photocopy the page then enlarge half to 200%, turn the page around then enlarge the other half, making sure I had an overlap to match up, then stick together. I've yet to actually make anything from the book as after the above I lost the will to live. A little forethought by the publisher could have made this process less of an ordeal. I would have given the book 5 stars if the patterns were easier to copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every page offers a feast for your hands and your eyes!, 8 April 2009
Cjf Cv Wollaston "Katiewoo" (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
Having attended Mandy's classes I knew this book would be worth waiting for and I haven't been disappointed. Not only does each project inspire you to sew but Mandy's antecdotes and asides provide you with a smile and a satisfaction that goes beyond what one would normally expect from a crafting book. I absolutely love it and I refer to it often.

3.0 out of 5 stars Another "so so" review....., 27 Aug 2009
I was hoping that the book would focus more on quilts than a range of quilting, sewing and applique ideas e.g. making bunting, bags, and toys, consequently I was disappointed with this book. Please note the projects are lovely, so if you are looking for a selection of diverse projects using the above skills this may be the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely gift, 26 Aug 2010
I bought this book for a friends birthday.She loved it.There are many small projects in the book all easy to do and illustrated beautifully.

3.0 out of 5 stars perfectly resistible, 8 April 2010
Elaine B Reader (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Slightly disappointed with this one, didn't feel inspired to make anything from it, not sure if that's because of the "busyness" of the fabrics used, the designs, or what - end result - book will become a gift for any friend who'd use it.

4.0 out of 5 stars great book, 26 Sep 2011
this is a lovely book with excellent instructions.the down side is that all the patterns have to be increased by 200% which are costly and difficult to obtain.

3.0 out of 5 stars So-so, 18 Oct 2008
Veronica D'antonio (Italy) - See all my reviews
I had great expections on this book, too high actually. There are some pretty projects, in fact, but I feel like it could be more... more special. Don't know. I will take it, there are a couple of things I'll like to sew.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it so much I made the wall hanging!, 29 Aug 2013
I had never previously seen a book by Mandy Shaw but I'm an absolutely huge fan now. I am a moderately accomplished quilter but, being self taught, I probably lack the inspiration to design my own "freestyle" wall hangings.

Well, not any longer. I have learned how to make "bow tie" blocks and folded "flying geese" blocks - the instructions are clear, concise and really work.

Mandy's writing style is light hearted and certainly gave me the confidence to "have a go" at my own wall hanging.

Dear reader, if you are looking for something to inspire you then I warmly recommend this beautifully illustrated book. The projects include birthday, new baby and wedding wall hangings; a quilted bag; a welcome sampler wall hanging (my absolute favourite); celebration bunting and a Christmas wall hanging plus many more smaller (and larger) projects.

The other great joy is that Mandy is a British writer so there are no Americanisms to get your head around - bliss.

I commend this book to the house!

5.0 out of 5 stars yep, 3 July 2013
the wife loves it, but thats another story...
she insists I tell you off for not making clear this a an amazon copy
not an original
some colour pictures are awful quality.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›