5.0 out of 5 stars magical metal clay jewellery
this book has everything you need to make everything you can dream of and more. With concise detailing and intructions that can be easily addapted to do what you want with them. Sue is a genius and i got so enthusiastic about metal clay again !!
Published on 11 Jun. 2009 by Treasa Eden

3.0 out of 5 stars definetely for beginners
While I must say that this book is well written and has nice illustrating pictures but I still find it a bit boring when it comes to the projects. I would definitely recommend it for beginners or someone who is just starting out and wants to understand the process and does not want to spend money on a course.
Published on 27 Dec. 2011 by irinanour

5.0 out of 5 stars magical metal clay jewellery, 11 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Magical Metal Clay Jewellery: Amazingly Simple No-Kiln Techniques for Making Beautiful Jewellery (Paperback)
She has a list of everything you need for each project and each instruction is followed with a picture so there can be no miss-understanding of what is meant and what it should look like at each stage!
Brillient and i would highly recommend it !

4.0 out of 5 stars Magical Metal Clay Jewellery., 25 July 2011
This is a great book for both beginners and those with some experience. If you are new to Metal clay it gives you clear, step by step instructions and several simple projects. Those with some experience will be inspired by the more complex designs.
Although the book is described as 'no kiln techniques' there is a whole chapter on advanced projects which require a kin - a little dissapointing as most beginners would not have access to this expesive equipment. Otherwise, it is a super reference book and an added bonus was being able to see inside before purchasing

5.0 out of 5 stars New to Metal Clay, 26 Feb. 2011
I bought some metal clay so that I could take an impression of my cats paw. The (normal) clay kits were either really expensive or a bit crappy. I also found that it would work out cheaper for me to make a silver impression myself. So far, I have made a necklace with a silver bee pendant based on an ancient Egyptian design and the impressions are currently drying.

I have read this book cover-to-cover twice already and I can't wait to try some of the designs. I really want to make a ring and the Landscape Pendant with the lily pond and bulrushes. The designs by professionals are also very inspiring.

A couple of reviewers have criticised that this book has a chapter on kiln-firing but I really can't see how they can view that as a negative! The author does say in the introduction that kiln-firing is introduced so that all readers can see what can be achieved with a kiln via the use of dichoric glass and sheet clay. It also gives beginners, such as myself, a view of how far we can go if we really enjoy silver-smithing and want to invest in some serious equipment.

The designs do look advanced but when they are broken down, you realise that actually you are capable of making them and making them well. I read on another website that if you can take an impression of something with play-doh, then you can make that impression with metal clay. I have used this method and also use the play-doh to make a maquette so that I can try different techniques and play around with the design before using the silver clay - something I found useful for raising my confidence.

I fully recommend this book if you are new or experience with metal clay - the designs are beautiful and within reach. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 28 Nov. 2010
E. Wheeler "Elaine" (Manchester) - See all my reviews
I am new to metal clay and bought this book as a starting point and have to say that I have not been disappointed! Well laid out and easy to follow instructions that as a beginner I am able to follow easily. There are some great projects for everyone and I can't wait to get started.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical Metal Clay Jewellery, 26 April 2010
Ms. S. Mccambridge "cuppydoll" (n.ireland) - See all my reviews
This is a great book for the beginner, covers all techniques from torch firing up to kiln firing and found i very usefull

as it helped me decide on which kiln to buy, would recommend this book as one of the best I have ever purchased

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, 13 Jun. 2009
J. Goddard (UK) - See all my reviews
great book if you don't have a kiln - although some of the later projects need one really - despite the title!! Lots of very good ideas that can be easily adapted - I recommend this book to anyone who already has experience with PMC etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 14 Mar. 2009
J. Stoddart (Holmfirth) - See all my reviews
This book has endless idea's on how to use PMC and Art Clay in a way I never knew possible. I haven't used this type of clay yet however I can't wait. The book has definately inspired me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sue Heaser's metal clay for jewellery, 26 April 2010
Some great ideas, ideally for someone with at least a little knowledge of metal clay, but not entirely no-kiln, despite Sue's assertion.

4.0 out of 5 stars What I thought of 'Magical Metal Clay Jewellery', 27 Jan. 2011
I looked at several books before choosing this one because I wanted to learn some new techniques. I have made and sold a few metal clay pieces myself mainly to people I know (baby's finger, hand and foot prints, pendants etc) and amongst other things wanted to add some colour to my work and also to take the complexity of my pieces to the next level (making them look at little more professional).

This book covers the use of colour including enamels and resin, simple gilding, syringe work (filligree), simple rings, making hollow beads, moulds and even using sheet metal clay. I especially appreciated the section on how to reconstitute dried out clay!

Some of the projects might not be to everyone's taste, but they certainly give you an insight into how to take the technique and use it on your own designs.

I would certainly recommend it.
JWD

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 4 Aug. 2010
This is a fantastic book for anyone using pmc, covering a wide range of jewellery, it has great pictures, easy to follow projects and some handy templates to copy in the back, as well as a gallery and some suppliers. A must have book for begginers and advanced users alike.