5.0 out of 5 stars A great friend for crocheters!
Brilliant, concise, covers a lot of topics - this little book has become a great friend to me when crocheting!
I'm a medium level crocheter, and I bought couple of general crochet books for detailed explanations and tips - and though this one does not contain any patterns or inspirational pictures, it still became my favorite!
Published on 7 Nov 2008 by I love crochet

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite every problem...
Two quibbles with this book. First, there are several questions left out so it is really only good for those just beginning to crochet (for example how to modify patterns, how to substitute a different weight yarn). Secondly it is not the easiest to use - no clear contents/index, so you need to read it through to find out whether it has what you want.
Published on 28 Jun 2009 by Charlotte

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A great friend for crocheters!, 7 Nov 2008
I love crochet (Stockholm, Sweden) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Crochet Answer Book: Solutions to Every Problem You'll Ever Face, Answers to Every Question You'll Ever Ask (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Crochet Answers, 6 Feb 2007
S. L. Long (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a wonderful book. It has loads of excellent information in it. It has already helped me out of several problems and answered so many questions! Very clearly written, easy to understand, excellent resources in the back for further help as well. This is the sort of book that if you don't have someone you can ask, you can't do better than this book. It goes everywhere my crochet goes now.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most useful crochet book I've ever bought!, 6 April 2009
Crafty Minx (North Somerset, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is a book that tells you all those little niggling things the grander ones assume you know. Everything I've ever looked up has been in it and it has never let me down yet. It's only the size of a postcard, small enough to keep in a workbag so it's always where you need it to be, but absolutely packed with information. Probably the only crochet book you really need to own as patterns etc can easily be found free on the internet but this is full of the stuff you want at your fingertips wherever you are crocheting. Buy it!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite every problem..., 28 Jun 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 21 July 2008
W. Bunting (UK) - See all my reviews
I would recommend this book to anyone new to crochet as well as people who alreadyhave the basic skills needed. It gives just about the clearest explainations of all the books on crochet that I have read.

My only grumble is that the conversion chart from UK to USA stitches (or vice versa) isnt nearer the beginning. But that is a teeny grumble.

Great book and one every crocheter should have to hand.

3.0 out of 5 stars Moderate enthusiasm, 11 Sep 2012
I bought this book with high hopes as the equivalent knitting book has had rave reviews from another member of the family. However, I can't give this an unqualified thumbs up. Firstly, if you are a British crocheter the stitches have to be mentally translated as it is an American translation. I find this off-putting, especially when I am trying to pick up something new. Also the table of equivalent hook sizes was incomplete. I have a lot of old hooks with sizes that don't appear. Some of the information is fairly basic. Having said all that, it is a useful addition to my library and I expect I will turn to it when I need advice. So I am not unhappy that I bought it.

3.0 out of 5 stars A handy little book., 5 Dec 2010
I agree with the reviewer that says this is mostly for new folks to crochet. It does have some handy bits in it, but it is not as comprehensive as it claims.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, 27 Mar 2010
Mrs. G. Baseley (UK) - See all my reviews
As an absolute beginner I find this book a must have. I find myself referring to it all the time. It is American and can be a bit confusing for UK users but I have pencilled the UK name above the USA, some of the patterns I have are USA anyway, just double check that you use the right stitch for the pattern before commencing.

5.0 out of 5 stars So much easier with this book!, 15 Jun 2011
A lot of ways to learn crochet (i.e. online videos) are done by people who are not English. English and American crochet terminology are different but this book addresses both. Americans label hook sizes in letters, whereas we do them in mm. A single crochet in America is abbreviated as 'sc' but we call single crochets, double crochets and abbreviate it to 'dc'.

I do not address this book as much as I should. Instead I stress out and bombard forums with my woes. This book has pretty much covered every problem I have come across. It really does what it says on the tin. A very handy size as well and the same book available for knitting issues too.

If you find that your pieces are not square when they should be or straight etc then this book has the answers. Worth every single penny. It goes into depth about what yarns are used with what hook. How to deal with troublesome yarn, slippery yarn, splitting yarn, you name it. It shows you how to hold the hook, where to insert the hook and so on.

300 pages of answers. I am sure your dilemma has been covered!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good good!, 28 July 2009
I saw this book in a book store and had to have it. Very useful and full of great information.
My only issue is that it's written using American English and thus the instructions are in American terms rather than English terms. Not a massive problem as it can be translated into English easily.
Buy it - it's worth it!