on 22 October 2010
Nice little book packed with everything you'd want to know and see. Only downside is its quite small, but makes it quite handy to carry around. Would have been great in A4 size. Still a great book, and as for Leonardo Da Vinci... he needs no review
on 19 May 2011
This is a great little art history book, I read some of the other reviews on here before purchasing and so knew to expect a small book. I found the size very convenient for carrying around in my bag and think that it makes it look rather quirky and appealing. I have always been interested in Da Vinci like many people and began looking for a book to give me some insight into both his life and works, this book provided everything I required. It is a lovely, good quality little hardback with a lot inside! The book contains the full works of Leonardo Da Vinci and also a biography of his life and works. The paintings are presented in surprisingly incredible detail to say what a tiny book this is, however some of the larger works of art are spread over several pages (e.g. The Last Supper) but this allows you to see finer details instead of the painting being crammed in in a smaller format, which I do appreciate. This is the perfect item for anybody interested in learning more about Da Vinci, or who wants his complete works at their fingertips.
on 27 November 2012
Simply, for what this is, which is a compact and concise overview of Leonardo Da Vinci which includes his as exploits as a painter, draughtsman and scientist it is surly the best. It does a fine job in highlighting his key milestones and also acts as a perfect resource for anyone wanting to be inspired by the maestros ways of life. I would advise any adult to buy this for their own indulgence and to pass on to the next generation.
on 31 December 2009
I thought this book was initially going to be bigger but it's not it's petite and crammed.

But in all honesty it doesn't bother me as i really just wanted something that had a complete collection of his works, with a bit of insight into his methods and techniques of that time. So aside from having to squint to appreciate some images it's value for money!
on 5 December 2011
fantastic book I didn't expect it to b quite so compact but it is brilliant and large enough that its easy to read, buy this and you wont be disappointed, for under ten pounds this many pages of work from one of the greatest minds ever to exist is a bargain.
on 2 January 2013
Well made, and illustrated, good text, well worth the money and a good reference guide also.

I bought The life of Leonardo da Vinci first and regretted it when I bought this after.
on 18 February 2010
Very comprehensive book but the sketches and drawings of the more mechanical/scientific items have loads of Leonardo's own notes written all over the sheets. It would have been fascinating to have been able to read a translation of the great mans own words.
on 2 July 2013
Small... I got the impression that the book was larger and therefore more detailed. If you're looking for an overview of Leonardo da Vinci's works this is a good start.
on 28 January 2011
A compact and wonderful compilation of Da Vinci's work, for the general reader or interested fan, I was quite surprised at how small it was, smaller than A5, but it was considerably thick and very well presented. I love my copy and would definitely recommend it.
on 7 February 2013
VERY DETAILED, INFORMATIVE, DESCRIPTIVE WITH ALL LEONARDO'S WORKS AND MORE. EXCELLENT BUY FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN LEONARDO. STILL SITTING ON MY BEDSIDE TABLE AS I STILL HAVENT FINISHED IT.