5.0 out of 5 stars Moderately biased..., 10 Nov. 2007
A. Wood "Undercover Angel" (Lincolnshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simply Sensational Glass Beading: Bead Stitches, Tassels and Fringes, Wirework, Bead Embroidery, Bead Loom Weaving (Paperback)
...cos my mummy wrote it. It's still brilliant though! Clear instructions and great photography, so it's lovely to flick through, plus mum has a really defined style, so if you like her work, you'll like this. I basically begged on my knees for a lot of the projects, and I get a lot of compliments on the jewellery... of course I lie and say I made it.

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent book of ideas, 15 Dec. 2010
I bought this book as a first time "beader" because the projects were so nice and I thought they would make excellent Christmas gifts and holiday accents! So far, I've made the Christmas stocking, the beaded garland and am working on the felt figure garland. I'm working up to the more advanced projects involving bead looms and weaving. I thought some of the directions were a bit vague at times, but having an aptitude for this sort of crafting, I managed well enough. Not all of the projects would be ideal for a first timer, but still an excellent introduction.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and informative, 27 April 2013
I would recommend this book to anyone who has had some experience of beading and wants something a bit different. I wouldn't choose to make some of the projects but it certainly gave me some fresh ideas. Some of the diagrams are a bit hard to follow and are certainly a bit fiddely but fun and definitely worth a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Book, 28 Jan. 2012
I recieved this book this morning and was really impressed with the content. It is extremely value for money and I am pleased to see that there are other books in the series. I love beading ad this book has shown me new techniques as well as given me ideas for different projects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow projects with great instructions!, 17 Mar. 2014
MrsPaul (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Every project in this book is clamouring to be made first - each one is gorgeous! I am slowly collecting all of Dorothy Wood titles because she makes it possible for determined beginners and advanced crafters to work from the same book achieving equally lovely results!

The first 24 pages teach or refresh the basics of supplies and techniques (yes, the main stitches, too!) using concise, easy to understand text and mouthwateringly beautiful photos. The projects are then set out in sections according to technique and there really is something for any crafter, or dedicated beader across the remaining pages (121 in total including index).

The skills and techniques learnt/refreshed whilst doing the projects are easily translated to other projects, just looking at the instructions for the Christmas baubles I thought of several more designs and colourways - the real beauty of Dorothy Wood book is the continual inspiration she provides and the encouragement she gives to try new things with the techniques and projects she presents.

I am never disappointed in a Dorothy Wood title, ever. This is not my last purchase from her catalogue because the excellent step-by-step photos for the harder concepts and her talent for writing as though she is in the same room with the reader makes it possible for just about anyone to expand his/her skill set whilst making gorgeous things.