5.0 out of 5 stars Mixed my own colours am so excited
Published on 7 Oct 2011 by T

2.0 out of 5 stars Not up to the hype
"All you'll ever need to know about colour mixing" is a gross overstatement.
The colour values aren't good enough to show the minute variations in colour and tint and shade when pigments are mixed.
There's far more to colour combinations and perception of colour than is mentioned in the text.
There is no reference to the subtle greys to be obtained...
Published 19 months ago by Mr. P. Smith

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Mixed my own colours am so excited, 7 Oct 2011
This review is from: Colour Mixing Bible (Paperback)
A complete beginner but passionate artist, I wanted to take my painting to the next level and mix my own colours. All attempts failed and the more ambitious I became the worse the colour appeared. Until this wonderful book arrived. So easy to follow on my first attempt I managed to mix 9 different shades of purple! Delighted with my progress all thanks to an easy explanation of how to. Includes instructions for mixing various media including watercolour and acyllic. Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Colour mixing bible is very accurate, 5 Aug 2009
Mrs. S. Butler (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Colour Mixing Bible (Paperback)
I was recommended to buy this book by a colleague that was teaching me about painting with acrylics and I am really glad that I bought it. It is so clear and takes a lot of guessing out of how to mix to get the shade you need. I would recommend it to anyone who starts out in art and to anyone that has been doing it for years too.

5.0 out of 5 stars COLOUR MIXING BIBLE, 5 Feb 2009
P. Varley (CLEVELAND, ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Colour Mixing Bible (Paperback)
THIS BOOK IS REALLY WHAT IT SAYS ON THE COVER. "ALL YOU'LL EVER NEED TO KNOW ABOUT MIXING OIL, ACRYLIC, WATERCOLOUR, GOUACHE, PASTEL, PENCIL AND INK. I HAVE FOUND IT INCREDIBLY USEFUL IN LEARNING ABOUT COLOUR THEORY, THE SCIENCE OF COLOUR AND COLOUR MIXING. AT THE BOTTOM OF EACH PAGE THERE ARE WATCHPOINTS MAKING YOU AWARE OF WHAT RESULTS FROM THE ADDITION OF VARYING AMOUNTS OF DIFFERENT COLOURS. ALL IN ALL A BRILIANT REFERENCE BOOK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watercolour Beginner, 10 Aug 2011
This review is from: Colour Mixing Bible (Paperback)
I was recommended the Colour Mixing Bible by a friend and I am really impressed with it. There is so much information in all mediums and more than I was expecting. I'm not very good with expressing myself with words, but this is definitely worth five stars!!!! thank you very much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Understanding colour mixing., 4 Oct 2011
This review is from: Colour Mixing Bible (Paperback)
This is an excellent book. It is very well written and clearly explains the art of mixing colours and is a must for any budding artist.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great resource for any artist!, 28 Oct 2007
P. J. De Mare - See all my reviews
This book has been a great help throughout my practise as an artist not just in painting.
This book truly is a 'bible' and is a must have for an artist at any level.

4.0 out of 5 stars Colour Mixing Bible, 21 April 2010
This review is from: Colour Mixing Bible (Paperback)
As an improving watercolour painter I needed some help with colour mixes and I found that help in this book. Arranged to give colour mixes for oils, acrylics, pastel and pencil I found that mixes for other media were of help to me. I would certainly recommend it to others in my position.

5.0 out of 5 stars Colour Mixing Bible, 16 April 2011
This review is from: Colour Mixing Bible (Paperback)
For a beginner to painting such as myself one of the most difficult things to master is the mixing of colour. This book is a must have.

4.0 out of 5 stars Colour Mixing Bible, 20 Jun 2011
This review is from: Colour Mixing Bible (Paperback)
I bought this for my wife to help her with her watercolour colour matching. Although it isn't quite as easy to use as another book she has, it does contain very useful information on colour mixing in other media such as acrylics, pencils and gouache. A very handy book to have around.

5.0 out of 5 stars good reference book, 21 Jan 2011
kekhei (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Colour Mixing Bible (Paperback)
its a comprehensive book in showing you colour mixing techniques. Very useful when you are not an expert in painting and giving you different ideas of creating an array of slightly different colours of the same colour. I find its important to know the techniques because using only one colour from the tube can be boring. Mixing of colour gives you fluidity, continuity and spontaneity. It is worth buying such books. This book covers oil, watercolour, acrylic etc. essentially my focus is on oil.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Colour Mixing Bible
Colour Mixing Bible by Ian Sidaway (Paperback - 27 Feb 2004)
10.49